Important changes for the Animation Clip Editor AnimSaves folder

We’ve made an additional fix which should solve the issue with transient animation loading failures once and for all. (You’ll still be able to get the error if you’re legitimately missing permissions of course)

Let us know whether this gets things resolved for you.

8 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s related, but it seems like I’m getting the error when loading Roblox owned animations now (specifically the DefaultFallbackMoodAnimation)

8 Likes

please any roblox staff could see this ?

6 Likes

None of this makes sense to me just stop changing things for 5 seconds of extra loading time

5 Likes

Speaking of animations. Does any DEV know about the issues with emotes it seems like we dont have permission to use them in our game unless we have the original animation ID instead of the emote ID which we aren’t able to get with animation IDS. ALSO YOU GUYS NEED TO FIX THE ANIMATIONS COLLDING WITH EACH OTHER ISSUES UR FREAKING ME AND GIVING ME ALL THIS TRAUMA BC U DONT WANNA FIX OLD STUFF AND ADD STUFF WE DONT NEED LIKE CALLING

6 Likes

Its less loading time not extra.

4 Likes

I do not care that what i meant anyways

5 Likes

I aee no issue with this update. Having less loading time is always good.

5 Likes

If by animations colliding you mean two animations of the same priority then either change the priority or aet the weight properly.

It isnt a bug, its animation weight. Its a feature.

5 Likes

Emotes have animation weight? I’ve been using emotes in my game and they collide and have issues. it seems like a issue on roblox half (Also these emotes are forced to stop and they continue) the whole emote thing is just weird itself why are they like 2 different category nothing is making sense anymore on roblox

5 Likes

All animations have weight. If you have more than 1 animation on core priority it will blend the others by average on default. Roblox puts all of its animations including emotes on Core.

Just adapt

7 Likes

So I’d have to convert them all to have 0 weight? that seems unnecessary these animations should just work how they should work. They play and they stop. this feature should only be used by devs who wanna use it

4 Likes

This update has nothing to do with your problem. Just use a priority above core. Its that simple.

4 Likes

seems it affects to hands of Characters when want both arms to move, one of both that will lose accuracy, hard to make it better and edit, can you add a button on Setting Studio can be toggle between using Old/New Animation Editor for easy use(Like “Use2022Material” on MaterialService)?

1 Like

seems this new animator editor make hard to create a new aniamtion like move many part of body, it’s not perfect like last version, can you add a button on Setting Studio can be toggle between using Old/New Animation Editor for easy use(Like “Use2022Material” on MaterialService) pls, this is so hard to use?

2 Likes

I agree. This is so hard to work with for me.

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for your report.

Your description is not very clear, but we currently have a known bug about draggers not working properly and we are looking into it.

Is your issue similar to the one posted here? If so, I posted a workaround in the thread.

If not, please provide more details about the problems you are encountering.

2 Likes

just use between the old Animation Editor and the new Animation Editor by users choose to use and edit, make new animations. I mean wanted to add a button on Studio Setting to change the use between the old Animator Editor and new Animator Editor like using “Use2022Material” on MaterialService. This new Animation Editor is quite annoying and hard to use, it’s also consuming time too, I suggest adding more button that toggle to use between the old Animation Editor and the new Animation Editor.

2 Likes

I personally do not like those changes but seems like most people agree with this so ig imma just assume my workflow isn’t correct

1 Like

Welcome to Roblox, CEO of bad updates. Literally didn’t hear about this until a client said that the animsaves character I gave them had 0 animations and now I have to remake them because I’m not a narcassist that keeps the RBXL files for no reason.

2 Likes