Failed to load Animation - sanitized ID

This (probably) bug is a good excuse to make a bunch of unused animations which can be overwritten when you need a new animation

2 Likes

Why is this a thing? I can’t even use the animations I just created now because it’s not in my “inventory”, despite being created by me. Is this a new animation review process? Either way, it’s utterly stupid.

When I tried to import it, this displays:

Erm!?!?!?

All my other animations:

What the hell, Roblox?

Edit: For anyone else experiencing this issue, this is how I “solved” it
For right now, until Roblox fixes this, all you can really do is publish any new animations by overwriting an old unused animation.

6 Likes

Yes, it shows up on the creator dashboard and it says you own it, but it won’t let you use it until it’s in your inventory

From my understanding this is not part of a review proccess

2 Likes

this is really frustrating cause my animation hasen’t been approved since 5 hours, I am not making this up I’ve waited 5 hours and it still hasen’t been reviewed yet. no idea why this change all of a sudden appeared but It’s REALLY annoying.

1 Like

I just got it too. If it’s related to moderation in any way, then I think it may occur due to the naming convention. I named an animation “pole swing”—which is an animation of an acrobatic swing—but Roblox might think it’s pole dancing or something. Ergo, the sanitization is there to prevent potentially inappropriate animations from being fully published.

Try publishing using a different name.

1 Like

I have the same issue, and it’s very annoying, i publish the animations, and they are not in my inventory, after a while, they appear, but if I publish another one, I have to wait for hours for it to be placed in my inventory

1 Like

This was happening to me for two weeks earlier this month. Then it stopped happening and my animations worked again.

It, however only happened with animations that I was publishing as a model, so that they could be used with HumanoidDescription

1 Like

same issue here, roblox is so broken :confused:

Been Waiting Hours For One Animation To Go Into My Inventory

1 Like

Having this issue too : ( super frustrating

1 Like

For anyone still with this bug, Upload it to any group you own (if you have one) i did that and it just magically worked

2 Likes

I got this from ROBLOX API, but alternatively you could run the animation simply through the keyframe.

local KeyframeSequenceProvider = game:GetService("KeyframeSequenceProvider")

local function createPreviewAnimation(keyframeSequence)
	local hashId = KeyframeSequenceProvider:RegisterKeyframeSequence(keyframeSequence)
	if hashId then
		local Animation = Instance.new("Animation")
		Animation.AnimationId = hashId
		return Animation
	end
end

local keyframeSequence = script.Parent.AnimSaves.Animation1

local animation = createPreviewAnimation(keyframeSequence)

local LoadedAnim = script.Parent.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(animation)
LoadedAnim:Play()
3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for 2 days already

1 Like

I heard that Roblox will moderate any id include animation that you posted, which might took 1-2 day. If that was true, why Roblox ?

3 Likes

But the last time this problem happened to me the error stops showing up after about 10 minutes, they said that recently?

1 Like

Around 2 days ago yeah as I was informed.

1 Like

Roblox, what is the point of moderating animations if you can just do this?

1 Like

I found this to be the easiest workaround for the time being. If I know I’ll be working on a few anims, I will just make that many place holder animations and publish them. Then go make the animations and overwrite the placeholders I published before hand. Usually they all will be available at the same time.

1 Like

Hello all, apologies for how frustrating this issue has been… we have also been having trouble narrowing it down to a single root cause. There are actually multiple potential problems going on here, some of which have already been fixed, so please take another look and let us know if you continue to see issues.

• The ‘sanitized id’ part of the message is new, but it is not a new error, we’re just taking an extra security step to validate the request was truly for an animation asset id.
  • There was a formatting problem with this message update, so it was truncating the id and reporting the wrong/non-existent asset id as a result. This has been fixed.
  • Around the same time, there were some separate issues around content loading that affected animations:
    • Uploads could sometimes get stuck in a long backlog queue to publish, creating the appearance of non-existent assets and/or moderation issues. This has been fixed.
    • There was another issue that was discovered that could cause assets to delay or fail to load. This was just recently addressed (see here)
  • Irrespective of the root issue, the message is not very informative or helpful to understand why the animation asset failed to load. We are working on improvements to that for your benefit (and ours, quite frankly). :slight_smile:
  • Lastly, in some cases there could just be a legitimate permissions issue with the animation, due to privacy issues. The content management team is very aware of these pain points (e.g. wanting to share animations with or across groups) and we plan to have improvements in the near future (as in 2024).

In the meantime, we will improve the error reporting to aid in debugging.

TL;DR - thank you for your patience with this one and please try again in case the recent content loading fixes have addressed the problem. If not, please reply here or to me directly and we will continue to investigate (caveat: many of us will be offline over the next few weeks, so we will respond in early January).

Thanks again and happy holidays.

16 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.