Important Update on the Accelerator Program

And friendships! Most of my friends are people I’ve met through internships and I think thats really important for strengthening the developer community. Sad to see this go, hope they have something else in the works rather than continuing to offload insane amounts of money into single games.

4 Likes

This is such a shame to see. There’s been so many great games that have come out of the accelerator program over the years. I’ve spoken to a handful of people who were in the accelerator program who’ve told me it was a great experience. I was going to have applied for the Spring accelerator next year with a team of people, but I guess I won’t be able to do that now. The game fund, while a good idea, is inaccessible for a good majority of groups/developers, who will likely never get accepted for it.

I wish Roblox would seriously reconisder this decision but based off of how many times Roblox has listened to feedback on negative updates in the past, I can’t imagine this decision would be reversed, unfortunately.

2 Likes

So many people called it, but I refused to believe it. I dreamt of partaking in this program, with the primary setback being age and ongoing education. Game Fund sounds like a program that’s too gigantic, with a whole different set of goals and expectations. I hope one day there’ll be other things I can partake in, possibly to strengthen the world of developers and not just the gaming community and my pockets.

This 100%.

It almost feels like they’re trying to promote the game fund as a better alternative to this, but from what I’ve seen of the game fund so far, it’s only big, high-end groups that get accepted. There’s simply no way for smaller, up-and-coming developer teams to grow. Not to mention it’s hard enough as it is for smaller developers to get noticed nowadays.

3 Likes

I don’t want to say that they will not but lets be honest we are talking about Roblox here, it’s very likely more that we would get some videos that are put up on the website, that sure would need to be paid for first due to things such as staff salaries but in the long run it will be way cheaper.

Yea sure servers do cost money however I don’t think Roblox would require to have super powerful servers for the place they have the resources because not loads of people (unlike the main Roblox page) will be on it at one time. Also servers can live up to around 7-10 years if correctly handled meaning that in the long run Roblox should be saving money really.

Sure they will need to pay for engineers salary’s but very likely they will just get staff they already have to fix any issues and also with resources such as that there are not a ton of bugs that can happen or issues in general.

I am not at all complaining about Roblox being cheap (I understand why they would be removing this to be cheaper because of Roblox being a business) all I am saying is that really this program removal is probs a way to try to save money.

Yea I really don’t think it will be. I might be wrong but I really don’t think at all this will be more expensive in the long run.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

1 Like

It’s really sad to see the Accelerator Program come to an end. It opened so many doors for the team here at IndieBox. Massive thank you to @RoughSphereBlox, @chewbeccca & whole team at DevRel for all of your support & hard work!

7 Likes

Ive always wanted to apply for the program, its a shame its ending hopefully another program will offer or do something similar or better for the roblox community

Super sad to see the program being sunsetted, but I’m glad that I atleast got the opportunity to participate beforehand. The program really helped solidify my path as a full time developer. Shoutout to the whole team who helped make the program so unforgettable :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

That’s a shame, wasn’t expecting this to come to an end this soon as I was planning on applying in the future for it. Guess won’t be happening.

Will be looking forward to go through the Accelerator classes.

1 Like

Interning at Roblox in 2017 was the best summer of my life. The knowledge I gained and the friends I made were indispensible, not to mention it was a graduation requirement for me in college. Hopefully other opportunities will open up for game design majors who need it. Really painful for me to see this program go.

2 Likes

I was excited to apply in the future, but whatever I guess. :confused:

Oh well!

2 Likes

They also closed down a Roblox-ran discord which served to provide testing services to games that applied. Allowing a large amount of actual players run through the game.

1 Like

Although I didn’t get to experience the Accelerator program myself, it’s sad to see the program conclude. From what I heard from former Accelerators, this program has helped so many developers come together to create and get feedback on their games that they’ll be working on. It also made so many connections with other devs were also in the program too. I was hoping to apply for Summer next year but after hearing about the program concluding, I guess not anymore. That’s ok though! I can tell this program has really helped a lot of developers and have created so many memories together.

2 Likes

</3 great memories with everyone who worked with the accelerators.

HUGE thanks to RoughSphereBlox and Al1ceb0t for everything they’ve done.

5 Likes

Even though I didn’t participate in this program, it’s still a pity that it happened. Still, I hope that in the future you will please us with something grandiose!

The program helped create many great friendships and contacts. Feel privileged to have been a part of it but disappointed to see it go.

5 Likes

That’s what the QA program was, thankfully there are still some communties of former NDA verified QA testers who provide the same services for free, albeit just not sponsored or having Roblox’s name behind it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the opportunity! I’m happy with the new ways you all are providing value. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

The only thing keeping me on this platform is the easy to access free server, with all the back code to go with it.

What a great memories are accelerators everyone. I am grateful for the opportunity he had on beloved since 2015 were given create experience to help make all other games, this is a incredible on environment program to give a chance with a new program developers on new project financially and providing mentorship.

So, it was hard to say that accelerator began to sunset, or possibly many games lived to came other create new experience on Roblox community. We’ll want to making back to 2015 on connecting with membership that you made a new program, and this making was not the end of accelerators it is a just a new beginning.

Thank you for accelerator program it was same future over past 7 years. It was really making happened to the future on your program.

1 Like