Imported GLB / GTLF 2.0 surface appearances' textures do not match the original pre-exported textures

I’ve been exporting GLB / GTLF 2.0 files from blender (that have all 4 texture maps applied to them) into roblox. Though, after checking out the textures that were uploaded, the normal texture is not correct. The roughness and metallic maps are combined into a pink colored map which would need to be separated by color. Even the color map seems lower quality…

I’m not sure if its an export issue, or a roblox import issue, but any help or advice would be highly appreciated!

Try exporting the texture from Blender, then check if they look that way in your files. If they look as they should then import them to Roblox. If they end up looking wonky then it is a Roblox issue. If they looked wonky before you imported them to Roblox, then it is a blender issue.

its a blender issue, blender combines the metallic and roughness maps, and then has them separated by color. Most software will separate the maps themselves, but roblox doesn’t.

I just need to know how to export from blender, correctly.

(Sorry I’m late)

In Blender, you should be able to bake each map separately onto its own image, each following according to the UV map. Kinda like how the color is decided by the image texture, the other maps can be separated out manually via baking.

(I could be wrong)

Yeah, thats what I’ve been doing. Problem is, baking each map is really slow. I was hoping to import using GLBs that way I could just import the best with the PBRs already on the model, not having to import each map separately.