Imported mesh’s collision scaling doesn’t match actual mesh size; Mesh also outrageously huge

Imported as obj, no changing size, same as other meshes, using location data. It was imported alongside other walls so this one should’ve been no different, especially since barely anything change with messing with the mesh. I am really curious about why and how this happened because while the mesh seems large, the collisions are the correct size and you can only select if i you go to where the mesh is supposed to be. After re-importing the mesh with some slight changes, it seemed fix but the opposite problem occurred. The mesh was the correct size but its collisions were outrageously huge and, in fact, took up a big chunk of the map.

Does anyone know why this would happen?

Thanks, but I don’t really see its relevance here.

did you try to import it one more time? just to see what would happen?

(have you tried closing studio and reopening it?)

I guess you could make the one that looks too big transparent so you could have its collisions and grab the one whose collisions are too big and turn them off. Put them in the same place and group them. It’s like nothing was ever wrong! (maybe)

1 Like

I tried the first one, the second wouldn’t have much effect because this is an issue that affects the game itself and isn’t client-sided. I already found a way around the issue, I just want to know why this bug happens since it’s a really odd one.

1 Like

Check the collision fidelity, probably not a fix but you never know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good idea, thanks. Though once again, I’m not really searching for a fix, I am just curious about why this occurs on Roblox’s part.

It may be keeping the previous collision matrix it calculated, did you just change the mesh ID of the same object?

1 Like

What do you mean? If I duplicated an existing mesh and imported the new one by selecting the icon next to the ID?

If so, I did. This is a good theory, but it still feels odd since it’s my regular routine to save time setting materials/colors and this has never happened before. Furthermore, the previous mesh was actually smaller than the newly imported one with the collision glitch.