Imported mesh gets strange colors

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to import a Blender mesh to Roblox Studio.

2. What is the issue? When imported, if i set a color to the meshes, some of them get a weird shade of it.

Schermata 2023-01-04 alle 12.11.04

as you can see many of the meshes are not of the same color :confused:

1. What solutions have you tried so far? I tried looking around the web but couldn’t find the solution.

Please give me advices if you have any. Thank you ^^

1 Like

That might be due to smooth shading, try turning smooth shading off for now and tell me if the color is the same as I am still not sure if it is actually that

that doesn’t seem to be the problem

heyyy, are you still there?? :’)

Could you post the blender mesh and the mesh id?
Then we can look at it ourselves.

I certainly would, but even though I know you wouldn’t, there are plenty of people who could steal my mesh :confused:

You could create a new mesh that has the same issue which you don’t mind sharing.

here you are
pb (1).blend (931.3 KB)

The model you’ve provided with us works perfectly fine in studio. Can you upload just the legs of the character?

wow, you’re right, i just found out it’s the name that changes the color of the mesh. i inserted it inside an r15 Dummy model, and if i call it “UpperTorso” its color incredibly changes :0 i don’t know why this happens, help :skull:

I think it could be because roblox tries to apply BodyColors to your mesh, since UpperTorso is a body part. Maybe see what happens when you edit those?

how do i remove/edit body colors? never heard of them

It’s what you change when you change your character’s colours on the website.

my character doesn’t have one, tho. thank you anyways

1 Like

different parts of the character were missing

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.