Importing a module I wrote causes Studio to hardlock if Luau type checking beta is active

Starting at reply #485, and just after an update in my module that adds referencing types from a single module, a number of users have reported that inserting my module into Studio causes it to freeze.

I can reproduce this issue 100% of the time if the type checking beta is enabled. Disabling this beta feature resolves the issue.

To reproduce:

• Get FastCast if you do not own it already.
  • Open studio, and enable the Enable New Lua Script Analysis beta feature. Restart studio.
  • Open a new baseplate, and attempt to insert the FastCast script.
  • Studio should now freeze.

I haven’t been able to create a stable repro that isn’t using this module, I’m afraid. I have no idea what’s going on, so ideally someone can help me find some pointers.

Hello!

I’m unable to reproduce this on Studio 457.

Is it possible we already fixed this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it seems to be resolved now. It does lag studio for a moment still however, but it no longer hardlocks.

No this is definitely still crashing Studio every insert for me months later. Not subscribed to any beta option either.

edit: I guess not crashing, but literally freezing studio for a solid 30 seconds to a minute and then having the entire thing freak out and spawn this empty window before calming back down is… basically as close to crashing as you can get.

I swear the game which I’ve loaded this into is also loading significantly slower than other games in Studio. What is up with this?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.