Importing FBX as custom rig breaking the mesh in a few spots

Greetings.

I am exporting some models from a game and attempting to import them into Roblox Studio so that I can animate them. However, when I import the models as Custom Rigs through the Avatar Importer, the mesh seems to break in many spots.

properaurelio.PNG
The mesh looks great when imported through the asset manager…

…but not so great when imported through the Custom Rig selection of the Avatar Importer.

Here is the process I am using:

Export the model from the source as a .gltf file.
Import the .gltf into Blender. This works great - All animations, rigging, etc is there.
Export as .fbx with baked animations. Again, works great - No issues here.
Import to Roblox Studio through the “Custom Rig” selection of the Avatar Importer.

For whatever reason, there are several “points” where the mesh seems to be constricting infinitely tight. When applying the texture to it, the texture applies just fine, although severely warped across the weird mesh. Using the animation editor yields no success - It animates, but with those broken “points” still present.

Any help in solving this issue would be appreciated. If you need additional info, please let me know.
Thanks,
Longshot.

Try making sure that the transform values in blender on both the Armature and the Mesh are set to stock values as so:

Rotation: 0,0,0
Scale: 1.000, 1.000, 1.000

These settings can be found to the center right if you click on the orange square that says, “Object Properties”

If they aren’t like this at all, then you’re gonna have a bad time as you see.

1 Like