Importing from Blender gone wrong -pls help

I want to import a mesh with PBR textures that I made in Blender. I’m rather noob on Blender and still wouldn’t consider myself adept at Studio so I’m pretty sure I’ve missed a step somewhere.

I have followed a couple of the tutorials here but either they explain how to export/import a simple mesh/texture combo or only explain the making of the mesh until the export/import part.

Here is my die mesh as I have made it in Blender.

Here is the mesh after I import it with a “fake texure” of another wood texture

Here is one of my mapping things…

and the other material

to be honest I have no clue what eevee is but it was the only way my mesh didn’t turn completely pink…

I would appreciate someone telling me what it is I’ve done wrong as I’ve tried a bunch of different things.

Oh… I export as an .fbx

1 Like

To answer your question, eevee is the default type of rendering method in blender. Personally I would use cycles because its better at rendering with realistic-like shadows and reflections on objects. But eevee can be used if you want to see your renders quick or don’t need the realistic shadowing it offers. Can you also show the UV and the texture your using to better understand your problem?

Thx for responding.

So I didn’t use uv unwrapping to colour it I added materials with( … uh… I don’t know what it is called but here is a screen shot of the uv and I’ve circled what I mean… ) and applied them to specific faces. You can see there isn’t a uv texture applied.

then I edited the materials within the shading app which is where you see the file/texture mapping in the screen shots above. I followed two different tutorials on youtube …

and

When I tried cycles, the textures, colours didn’t show properly.

I’ve tried using the uv unwrapping and applying textures that way but found that I couldn’t apply different colours/textures very easily. That is why I tried to do it this way.

As it is I have created separate meshes and am assembling / texturing in Studio for now as a work around but even still I find the surface appearance isn’t working for me and the textures are coming out very flat and bland. So I am just using texture decals instead of pbr textures until I learn what it is I am doing wrong.

1 Like

For both materials, you’re setting it only for eevee which is the issue, set it to “both” or something similar to that:

Also, to get pbr, you’ll have to mess around with surface apperances. You may have to search up some tutorials on the devforums though which is the why the search button exists in the first place.

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

I had originally had it set to all instead of Eevee. Things only worked once I had set it to Eevee. Once I set it back to all, my cube materials become pink and I am left with a very shiny pink cube.

And yes, I have been known to use the search feature of devforums. I initially tried to follow a couple of the tutorials here first for applying textures but didn’t get as close to a finished product as I did with the above tutorials. I may have a record number of fails for trying to make a model at this point. It seems to me that all the tutorials are skipping some step that is probably intuitive to everyone but me.