Importing Instances from blender into studio

• What are you attempting to achieve?
    Im trying to import multiple meshes with some of them being instanced in blender.

Do these instances carry over and keep the same Mesh ID? Is there a possible way to do this?

1 Like

I don’t really understand what you mean. Are you saying that: “Can blender child-parent relation be transferred to roblox?”. If so then yes, you have to go to the “Avatar” tab → “Import 3D” → Select your file and import.

Not child parent relation no. In blender you can link object data where you have 2 of the same instance this reduces vertice count.

Basically what I’m asking is if you export this using OBJ or FBX file is there a way to have the instances become one mesh ID to make it more optimized

Obj exports instances as one mesh so you can select both meshes and then just export the selection only and import it.

I know that, thats not what im trying to do as this increases the tris count.

I guess there’s no way to do this currently.

Oh, now I understand what you mean. You are talking about having same object data for optimization right? Yeah, there’s no way to do that in roblox.

There is, its called being the same Mesh ID. the id just need to export one of the objects and move it which makes it more of a hassle

No, I don’t think so. You can copy an id and then paste in another mesh part? I am still confused on what you are trying to achieve here.

Yes, when you have two meshes with the same mesh ID this is basically the same as linking object.

However, copying ID and then matching the exact position is tedious work in roblox studio. So ill have to export the origins of every instanced object and just copy those positions for every instance.

Basically, I am instancing repeating details/mirrored topololy to reduce the tris count.

If you mean importing two blender objects as one mesh, go to View → Bulk Import → Select your .obj / .fbx → check the box that says “Import as single mesh”.

Nope, I basically want it to duplicate the instanced object in blender as the same mesh id in roblox studio but keep the same position/rotation

I realize this is not possible.

To clarify what he means by instances. He wants to import 1 monkey head in roblox, then he wants roblox to use that 1 monkey head’s mesh ID, to be placed with different location and rotation data.

There is a way to do that in Roblox just complicated. You need to export the location, rotation, and scale data from Blender as an CSV. Import 1 mesh and make roblox read the CSV then to place the meshes.

I’ll try to develop and make a tutorial on how to export CSV files that export location, rotation, and scale data in Blender and think of a way for Roblox to read it.

He is trying to achieve this but imported into Roblox

@Chinese_Developer Thanks man, I’ll have to see which way is quicker it would just be nice for there to be an easy way to do this would make a lot of builds a lot quicker and more optimized.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.