Importing Studio mesh textures from blender

I am a beginner blender user, this is probably the most basic thing ever but, I do not know why my tree texture wont load right. Any help would be appreciated. Here is what its supposed to look like image

What it looks like in Roblox Studio

2 Likes

Can we see the texture you’re using? It looks like you saved the UV layout over top the actual texture.

The layout I used was

this is how it turned out

It appears like your UV is layered over your texture. Unless it’s intentional, there shouldn’t be any lines on your texture at all.

This is what a texture looks like with a UV laying on top.

This is what it’s supposed to look like.

So how would I fix that, why does blender keep those lines?

You’re going to have to show us what you’re doing in Blender (or any other software you’re using), and walk us through how you got the texture in the first place - there are a lot of reasons this could be happening and I’m not going to try to guess :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Ok, so first thing I do is I make the tree.
  2. Then I color it with shading
  3. Then I join all the parts
  4. Then I click UV and unwrap the colors to a texture
  5. Then I download the texture as a .png in Documents, and download the tree as a .fbx file in Documents
  6. I then import the files to roblox game assets, then add the meshpart, and add the texture
1 Like

That’s odd - I’ve never seen Shading also include the UV layer without intentionally making it do that. If you’re comfortable with it, can you share the Blender file so I can check it out myself, or at least DM me the file.

I’ll check it out in a couple hours. :slight_smile:

I can share it here

.blend-
FirstTree.blend (1.1 MB)
.fbx-
FirstTree.fbx (42.7 KB)