Impossible to upload accessories with PBR Textures in the Roblox catalog

Hello I don’t know if it’s really intentional but you made a doc tutorial to create PBR textures for accessories.
At the end of the tutorial, you show us how to save it to Roblox to sell it as a hat.
But you don’t realize we can’t do this because saving accessory using MeshPart is not supported. You’re only looking for Parts.
And parts don’t support PBR Textures so it’s silly to make a tutorial for accessories not allowed lol.
Here the official tutorial from the Roblox docs : Importing PBR Textures | Documentation - Hub Création Roblox

The error :

2 Likes

I checked out the document here on how to do PBR hat accessories and i met the same road block and isn’t able to upload any accessories with PBR… Getting this fixed would make us able to make our creations so much better too if this could be fixed

2 Likes

I mean, you can only publish and sell accessories that have only TextureID such as hats and hair for body parts of your Roblox avatar, and, as for Layered Clothes, use PBR textures. This was already expected because we already knew a long time ago about this… However, they might have changed the rule from what I remember:

Overall, let us get an answer that can address this issue :thinking:

1 Like

Found someone to check this out! We’ll get back to you when we have an update :slight_smile:

3 Likes