As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to export assets to the Roblox website.
It has been always been tedious, but a recent change has made it worse. The “Publish to Roblox”/“Save to Roblox” workflow now requires the asset type to be reselected for each asset.
Currently, if I want to submit a change to an animation, this is my workflow:
- Click publish to Roblox
- Select “Animation” in the dropdown & click next
- Click “Overwrite an existing asset”
- Select the group/individual the animation was saved under from the dropdown menu
- Paste the animation ID into the filter box & select the animation
- Submit & close
I have to navigate through several menus and click 10+ times for something that should be possible with a single click. This makes batch uploads very tedious and prone to mistakes (forgetting a dropdown or misclicking).
Some ways to improve asset uploading:
- Replace the asset type menu with dropdown boxes on the other menus
- Automatically infer the asset type based on the selection being uploaded and preselect the relevant dropdown option
- Keep the last selected group/individual selected so it doesn’t have to be reselected each time
- Update the animation editor with an option to directly update the asset if one was imported
Thanks for your consideration!