Improve Forum Moderation

Improve forum moderation.

I bet this post is gonna get removed, but still.

I want forum moderation to be improved. Because there’s posts like this. This is honestly embarassing how a crap post like this isn’t deleted yet, and it’s been reported countless times.

Are there even any moderators online on weekends?

There should also be updates on reports. For example, a My Reports tab, where it shows all your past reports, and their status. For example…
“Reported topic “Spam posting” - 1 hour ago. (real date) - Status: Under review.”.
“Reported topic “Hello there” - 300 Days Ago (real date) - Status: Handled”.
“Reported topic “Spam spam spam” - 301 Days Ago (real date) - Status: Handled”.
“Reported topic “Dev Forum is Awesome, just a few things need adjustments” - 302 Days Ago (real date) - Status: Report Denied; [moderators note]”.

This would actually give us more of an idea on the status of our reports.

Cuz right now all they do is “Thanks for letting us know. We agree, there is an issue here and are looking into it” regardless if there is an issue or not.

An Example of what it could look like is made below (made using inspect element)

Have you had a moderation that was really false that got falsely removed and denied for no reason? It’s really annoying.

Update:

2 Posts under the Development Discussion category BOTh got deleted for no reason whatso ever.

6 Likes

It’s the weekends.

2 Likes

Why are you linking an innocent reply?

2 Likes
1 Like

I meant to link the regular post itself, not an innocent reply.

1 Like

Look man its better than roblox moderation atleast

1 Like

They delete everything I post. The roblox moderation and forum moderations is the same.

2 Likes

i think they should make offtopic topics get the user`s account banned instead of a warning

1 Like

now there’s officially 3 rampant (well there’s more) running round right now lol

1 Like

Does this post really count though?? I don’t think so since it’s not talking about some action that was received but it’s talking about the fact that moderation isn’t being taken upon a post

1 Like

They should link punishments between the services, you get banned on roblox for a day, banned on the forum for a day.

Punishment history should be shared too

You get banned on the forum for a day for harassment then on roblox if you harass someone through chat you get banned for 3 days. (Which happens in roblox already, just share the past incidents between the forum and roblox.)

If your forum account gets terminated, your roblox account should too.

And vice versa.

4 Likes

I notice you can’t use this word

”. However, that troll was using some wild language and not getting censored, devofrum needs to censor a few common problem words.

I would honestly prefer having no censorship in dev forums.

2 Likes

I completely agree. That is 100% true, but they should really censor common problematic words.

1 Like

I understand how you might feel restrained by censorship or words like f***, but words that will never show up in a reasonable context (the n word or a certain male body part) ought to be censored.

1 Like

I’ve written roughly 1300 replies at time of writing, and barely face deletion or other kinds of moderation. Are you sure your comments were constructive & on-topic?

3 Likes

A significant amount of their still visible posts are off-topic and/or very low effort googlable questions. I’d put good money down that all of those deletions were valid.

Personally out of my single digit amount of feedbacks I can only think of 1 which was objectively incorrect (I got told that telling people to read the rules was encouraging bad practices - and yes, I tried appealing, and also yes, it was denied/I was apparently correctly feedbacked for this matter)

(Yes, HakaiShin_AOD believes that reading the rules is bad practice and should not be done)

2 Likes

Very true. Most posts I made are being deleted (I think most of them were on-topic)

oops.

Most posts I flag for a valid reason (little kids fighting, or slurs directed at other persons, off-topic, etc…) NEVER get deleted.

Bro.

You are known for posting memes on every topic

Not ONCE have i seen you make a meaningful post or valuable reply on this forum.

You just post memes, then delete them quickly to avoid suspension.

You lost your complaining rights, because every moderation action taken on you is 100% deserved.

2 Likes

The Dev discussion moderation is just bad last time I made a discussion about developing called “what is your first ui designs” well it got flagged with a reason it isn’t about development