Improve New Docking System

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to adjust floating windows in Roblox Studio. The new docking system will take over 75% of my screen if I move a window by even a single pixel. I keep all my windows floating for more accurate UI creation, but it is now impossible to make slight adjustments to the floating window so it’s not blocking parts of the viewport or a script I’m editing.

Demo trying to move the floating window to see a long string of text:

Furthermore, the docking animation is EXTREMELY jarring. Not only can you barely see anything, there are extremely noticeable flaws in the animation. Here are a few screenshots of the animation that last a significant amount of time:

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to quickly adjust my floating windows instead of repeatedly clicking and dragging to get them in the correct position while doing guesstimates of where they actually are.

9 Likes

current state of the new docking system is plain awful, it doesn’t remember the state of the window being hidden or not and is a nuisance to use, i don’t know why the beta was removed now I have to deal with broken docks

1 Like