Improve Version Benchmarks in Analytics

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to tell which version benchmarks are being displayed in Analytics.

Frequently updated place versions are very hard to tell apart in Analytics.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to make better use of version benchmarks in Analytics.

2 Likes

Do you have any thoughts on how you’d like the version annotations to look like?

2 Likes

Image credits: Avoiding label collisions with stacked bar charts · Issue #212 · recharts/recharts · GitHub

Offset labels would be helpful here. I would suggest that the labels not overlap, and instead offset themselves so each can be read clearly.

Thanks for the link! We’re looking at adding additional annotations so we don’t think this exact UI will work and are working through some other options.

For your specific issue as it exists today, would zooming into that specific section in the chart solve your current problem?

You can do that by doing a click drag left-to-right on any chart to zoom in. If you need more zoom you can click drag again until you get to the zoom you’re looking for.

1 Like

Thank you for your response!

Zooming into a section of a chart does improve the readability of the version benchmarks, although some overlap may still exist. Thanks for the suggestion!

Cool, glad that helped!

I’ll close this feature request off, as we already have a requirement on how to better group to handle overlapping annotations when we release some additional annotations that we expect in the second half of this year that’ll enable all of our Creators to more clearly see the actions they took and how those correlated to metrics changes.

Looks like we’re exploring some kind of annotation grouping functionality.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.