Improvements to Pasted Object Workflow

Cool update… I guess?
Whenever I have to copy and paste models from one game to another I usually just copy and paste the position of the original model, and instead of copying and pasting, I just duplicate things.
Hooray for anyone positively affected by this but I wish roblox would be more proactive in fixing new changes already extremely detrimental to workflow, particularly the new material manager update.

6 Likes

I usually do Ctrl + D to avoid this issue ever since I found out, but this issue should be less annoying to new builders out there.

4 Likes

This will make replacing models like statues a whole lot easier now!

While that is useful, that should be what the change did. Cross-place copy-pasting keeping positioning, but instead it’s a pointless change that does affect me personally.

2 Likes

Does it just defeat the purpose of duplicate?

3 Likes

I use copy and paste when moving one model to a another place.

this is big, I had to spend a lot of time re-parenting objects from non-workspace places into the workspace by directly re-assigning the parent property of my models (in order to circumvent this issue) for my last project.

I’m glad that’s a thing of the past. Good stuff :smiley:

1 Like

I build JToH towers, sometimes i may need to move parts from one model to another, copy (technically cut in this case) and paste is perfect

before this update i had no other choice but to drag it across the giant hierarchy of models and other parts because copy and paste would previously use collisions, which is very bad on its own, and even worse when things are tilted (which is pretty common)

1 Like

this is great, very useful, i very like

This is gonna make things way less annoying when attempting to align things at the same height, good update.

Understandable use cases, but I really feel like there should be a toggle somewhere, which would prevent me having to toggle collisions on and off for my workflow, which makes it unnecessarily slow.

7 Likes

I’m very happy with this change, I often model pieces of my experiences within offline development place files, to prevent grabbing a distant block or model and changing something without knowing, it will be nice to build at the final coordinates and then just duplicate the model from one place to the other and then be done.

1 Like

This was actually possible before, you just couldn’t paste the model into 3D space. I used to paste the model into Lighting (from one experience to another), then re-parent it to workspace, which would retain its original location. This isn’t as easy as simply pasting it into workspace, though, so I welcome this change.

3 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH. now i can copy my map easily without repositioning.

1 Like

Nice, I no longer have to re-position things as much, great change!

1 Like

Maybe it’s I think that what is the new idea

1 Like

That’s why my friend does but I keep it more simple, copying the origin and pasting for the other part.

This is a good update but I can’t believe it took this long to implement, and I can’t imagine this took much effort to implement…

1 Like

just press Ctrl+D, it’s the same thing and it’s better

3 Likes

Would be nice if there was a toggle for this, for me this probably will be more of annoyance then an improvement. Having objects teleport to where I am selecting/building at was pretty useful for me.

5 Likes