Improvements to Play Solo load-time [Beta]

Same, I can’t play this either.

I want to be able to press F5 in studio and have it launch a play solo session in a separate maximized window with only the viewport visible as if it was the normal game client, then be able to do this multiple times to have multiple clients in the same play solo session

If plugins are not loaded, the buttons for them should be disabled. Having them be active but not respond/do anything is bad UX

6 Likes

True. They look broken, especially to somebody who doesn’t know they were purposefully disabled while testing from now on…

2 Likes

Building on this idea, I wonder if we could eventually get some sort of Quick Play Solo button that doesn’t load any plugins or other studio features that take time to load. 90% of the time I test my game, I just want to quickly play the game without the use of any Studio-specific tools.

1 Like

Thanks for flagging this, we are working to fix it

1 Like

Just going to add another note of appreciation for this awesome update. Small change but shows you care about developers, you know its a big deal for us.

These changes are great, my solo tests load in essentially a second! An amazing improvement in optimization, looking forward to see more.

The speed improvements are great but not being able to use the move/rotate tools while play testing really does break some of my workflows, so it would be great to have them reenabled, and personally because of this ive had to disable the beta feature myself.

We’ve released new settings as part of this beta to re-enable the disabled plugins if your workflow depends on them.

Simply check that “Load All Built-In Plugins in Test Mode” box and you’ll be able to use those tools again. This will cost some of the performance improvement from this beta, but it can be toggled without restarting Studio so you can opt to only run the plugins if you think you will need them.

5 Likes

How does it takes you 6 seconds to play solo ??? I almost always get between 30-60 seconds of loading time with my i5-6500, SATA SSD, GTX 1650 and 16GB RAM DDR3 ??

Wow this is an amezing update, playtesting is so fast now!

Hey-- figured I’d drop this here, but I’m noticing that when using this feature, GuiService:GetGuiInset() incorrectly returns 0,0. I haven’t gone through and tested every device screen, but for the 1920x1080 screen, the correct value should be 0,58.

After further consideration and testing we’ve decided to re-enable the Move, Scale and Rotate tools in play modes. Other plugins like Toolbox, Asset Manager will remain disabled by default, but with the setting to reenable everything.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.