Improving the Hallways

I’m currently looking into how to make the hallways of the game look better, as right now they look a little boring and dull. The reason I’m posting this is that is I don’t know how to do that, I’m seeking feedback on how to do this

Pictures

For context, this is a Nuclear Power Plant facility, as a commercial-grade building

7 Likes

I think a different texture would be nice and maybe different colors too, maybe make the walls have small cracks and make them slightly dirty? If not add signs relating to the power plants or just powerplant icons.

2 Likes

Maybe a hazard sign or a fire alarm

as someone who works with hallways all day long, lemme pitch in:

• The first and most important thing in any hallway is starting with a good base. Here, your base is a blue “baseboard” with white walls. Think about making this a bit more unique. Perhaps add in an actual baseboard at the bottom, and add in a line in between the blue and white walls. Automatically, this will make the hallway quite a bit more unique.
  • Use textures that aren’t Roblox textures. The only Roblox textures ever worth using in my opinion is the concrete, neon, glass, and plastic. Anything else you can find an actual texture that is better. This difference alone will make the hallway look 1000x better.
  • Add in decorations on the walls. There isn’t such thing as a purely plain wall in most places. Add pipes that run up and down the wall, possibly some wire that attaches to the alarms, add in-depth to the walls themselves, make electrical outlets, etc. If you are ever stuck, seek inspiration from the SCPF genre, Quantum Physics, or just online.

I hope these tips will help you, as they have helped me many times before. Good luck with your build!

2 Likes

Try making the ceiling higher, adding tiles to the floor instead of carpet or whatever you have going on now. Make it a bit brighter so it’s more commercial like. Add lights to the ceiling, commercial buildings are usually really bright and I feel if you did these things it would make your build feel less empty.

Good lighting can make a build look a lot more atmospheric and interesting, you could try that.

1 Like

You can change the lighting settings and add dust particle effects and a little more atmosphere.

If I were you I would change the lighting settings to Lighting > Technology > Future

1 Like

I would recommend looking into PBRs for the flooring. Sometimes PBR materials can give you a lot more details you didn’t know you were missing before. Even if you didn’t make the PBR textures yourself there are a lot out there you can use in Roblox’s toolbox if you search “PBRs.”