In Blender, how do I scale a cube in one direction?

I want to resize this cube in one direction on the z-axis, but whenever I try to do so, it always scales in both directions!

Is there a way to resize the object in one direction like I can in Roblox Studio?

3 Likes

Go into edit mode (Tab) > Select the vertices of the side you want to scale (for you the top 4 vertices) > Move them towards the direction you want to scale using the move tool.

6 Likes

Just press S(for fast scale) and then press X,Y,Z and then move your mouse, for confirming press left click.
You can scale objects with @Turtlepla method too.

3 Likes

Wow, I didn’t see the move tool. My bad! Thank you!

I know that I can scale the object by pressing S then X, Y, or Z, but I just want to scale it in one direction on one axis.

1 Like

After selecting 4 vertices use the move tool by pressing G and then simply move your vertices at that direction.

1 Like

Thank you for telling me that.

I thought that @Turtlepla was referring to scaling at first before reading it again

Or just literally select the face (with face select enabled)

to add, at the top of the screen, to the right of “edit mode,” there are 3 options. If you click the 3rd option, it lets you select the face of the object. This way, you don’t have to hold shift and click all the vertices