In game Automatic Translation!

Link My Game!

Hello! Today, I decided to try something out (or rather have been planning to)! :smile:

I made a module that allows players, in game to translate what they say into 13 different languages!
Which include :

English
Spanish
Japanese
Traditional & Simplified Chinese
French
Russian
Korean
German
Thai
Vietnamese
Indonesian
Italian

Please be my guest and try it out! My Game!

Disclaimer

Please note that I made and finished this in a short amount of time. There are, without a doubt bugs. And it is rather slow at the moment. I plan to optimize it and make the code a lot cleaner. This is quite literally a rough draft. I was simply testing the waters, to see if I was able to even do this at all.

Side note

If you are interested in how I made thisā€¦
I used Google Spreadsheet to automatically translate using Google Translate. With an evaluate row, that determines the possible language and then translates it into the different languages. (Due to the nature of this, there are problems. Such as words that are spelled the same in English but with different meanings. Ex Pain(English - Feeling) and Pain(French - Bread)). It also only supports a single player.

Also, it has been a while since Iā€™ve done any programming! So I am out of tune :grin:. Please give honest opinions and thoughts! Constructive criticism always helps! :blush:

Resources

List of Languages and their Abbreviations
Working between Google Spreadsheet and Roblox Studios
Help in Bypassing 405 restriction

Change Logs

[5.30.2021] Added 5 new languages, added Log. Slight Optimization.
[5.30.2021] Published

4 Likes

Hello, your place is private so I cannot join!

Uhh wait, right in China, the roblox is blocked? Why did you add Chinese?

1 Like

It doesnā€™t have to be native speakers. It could just be for conversation, practicing your skills anywhere.

1 Like

The game you made turned out to be private, bruh bruh

Itā€™s set to public. Unless I missed some setting. :fearful:

What is this

Personally, I donā€™t know. image

Iā€™ll check again! Is your game open to the public?

Itā€™s not a group game, so it canā€™t be exclusive to group members. Iā€™ve shown above that it should be public. And the ā€œAccessā€ setting is set to ā€œEveryoneā€. Why itā€™s appearing as Private is a mystery to me.

Your game is open now, Iā€™ll post a short feedback or impressions about it after I play it.

1 Like

It works much better than I expected, just a bit slow. It is cool tho!
I would like to see logs while playing it; it would make the place more interesting especially for programmers to see how the process goes and shows the result, but it is totally up to you to show them or not.

btw, I couldnā€™t click the button anymore after clicking it only once so I had to test in espanols only. Is it intended?

1 Like

No, thatā€™s no intended. Iā€™ll take a look at that. Most likely tripping on something as it cycles through the table. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Thank you for the feed back! Iā€™ll most likely add in the logs, as well as the list of translations. Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like