In Game Avatar Editor v2

Oh whoops.

AvatarEditor.Client.CatalogList: line 288.

sort(searchResults)

Comment that out.

2 Likes

v1.1.1

Hopefully I did not break anything.

If you already have the editor installed and you want to install through the plugin, delete the old AvatarEditor (most importantly ReplicatedStorage.AvatarEdtior and ServerStorage.AvatarEditorServer) and install through the plugin.

The old AvatarEditor functions thing is removed, you can no longer use it. Use the plugin if you want to add more accessories.

5 Likes

Suggestion: the ability for players to manually add items to their avatar by inserting an id. So they could use items inside of the catalog, but not in the editor. (Togglable in the config and having the option to require a game pass to use.) (Items including hats, shirts, pants, etc.)

2 Likes

Thank you for the plugin! Very nice and works great. I have a question-can we remove existing accessories all at once instead of entering the id for each? I prefer to start from scratch and add select ones from Roblox’s avatar shop.
Update: I figured out how to remove everything and the process took seconds.

2 Likes

Please add more to the catalog! it would take AGES for me to manually add them.

There’s a bug in the catalog api where items are only added up to around 30 pages, as stated below.
Website Catalog as well as Catalog API not giving results after PageNumber 34 - Bug Reports / Website Bugs - DevForum | Roblox

Hopefully what I said a few replies above will be added so the players can add items themselves.

So instead of searching the catalog, the player can insert the id of the accessory they want to wear by an id?

The avatar editor does not show items in the Wearing section that are not in the database. So if you are wearing a UGC accessory, you cannot take it off through the editor. I will need to fix this to add your suggestion.

Not 100% down on the game pass requirement to use idea though.

5 Likes

Is there any list of a BUNCH of UGC asset ids?

1 Like

I had to manually enter one id at a time. I’ve added 600 so far.

1 Like

Is there a way to resize or position it higher? The lower left corner is covered by my game’s gear icons (Roblox default).

There supposedly over 21500 UGC accessories.

At best you can add probably 8000 (1000 from each accessory type) without any having to check for duplicates.

Of course you want to filter out the reuploads/mistakes and maybe those offsale.

The avatar editor has nothing on the bottom left. Do you mean bottom right?

The avatar editor gui has a DisplayOrder of 7. You can decrease your gui’s DisplayOrder or hide your gui using the .Started event and showing it again on the .Destroyed event.

How can I get a lot of I.Ds to add a lot of them?

You use the Catalog API.

You are limited to 1000 per search query though.

1 Like

Is the old way to insert a accessory through command bar still working?

Yes, but using the plugin is much much faster and easier.

Couldn’t it be possible to loop through what an http request gets and make it auto-insert the asset?

1 Like

Probably, but if it is possible that would take a while to both go through all the assets and both script the thing to do that.

1 Like

What would be the most effective way to get a bunch of asset id’s?

EDIT: if i accidently put in the same id 2 times, does it not update the second one to the database?

1 Like

This is really nice. I found a bug though, the search textbox is very glitchy on mobile most of the time.