In Game Avatar Editor v2

Hello, can you add an avatar item purchase button for mobile, and can you make it easier to buy avatar items?

And you can add page system, maybe itā€™s better

1 Like

You tap an hold the item to purchase it.

1 Like

Hello again, I discovered emote idā€™s are accepted in the plug-in. Will there be an update so they appear in the editor?

3 Likes

Probably not, Iā€™ll update the plugin to remove the emote option.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a trivial feature, but it shouldnā€™t be too hard.

Just detect for the gamepass on the server, and then send all the guis and scripts to the client if they do.

Or perhaps only accept avatar edit requests from people that own the gamepass, though youā€™ll need to meddle with its code for this one.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a better idea to put a buy button for mobile users.

1 Like

It would be great to add Emotes in the Avatar Editor! :happy3:

Could I possibly edit this to only have set accessories? I mean that I donā€™t want them to have an ID, basically something like childs, or contents accessories/faces.

1 Like

Since this uses HumanoidDescriptions, it needs an ID for it to work.

1 Like

This is nice! Keep up the good work! By the way, I got an error in the CatalogData module. No idea how to fix it, lol. (This does the same thing in-game too, not just studio testing mode :slight_smile: )

[Edit]- (I fixed it by replacing the model, I must have accidentally deleted something)

2 Likes

This happens when you click on the value property of the StringValues under CatalogData.

I do not know why it happens. Probably because the string is really long or something.

Replacing the StringValues solves this.

2 Likes

Thank you for creating this resource! :+1:
I was just wondering is there any way our games could get in trouble if someone saves an outfit under a rude name? Does the avatar save naming feature only save filtered text?
Iā€™m new to Roblox Studio and saving data so I just want to know if there is any risk before I try and use it. Thanks!

Only the filtered text is saved.

1 Like

Hello I have a question, is there any way to change the GUI button? I dont want it to be in the top bar. I want to make a separate button to open the catalog. Is that possible? If so how would I make that?

Yes.

Require the client side module.

local AEC = require(AvatarEditor.AvatarEditorClient)

Then you can call AEC:Load() and AEC:Destroy() to open and close the editor, respectively.

Read the Basic Usage section for more information.

1 Like

hello, how can i make the avatar editor automatically close when a player died or reset?

and also thank u

*nvm i got it :sweat_smile:

hello, has anyone able to upload their own custom accessories? pls can u tell me how? pls pls thanks

Itā€™s fairly simple: upload the accessory as a model to roblox, go to the adder in the plugin, insert the asset id under custom accessories, select the type of accessory (hat, hair, face, etc.) press add then press update database.

I donā€™t imagine you have a list of all the item IDs built into the editor (esp. considering itā€™d be very long, no doubt), but I thought Iā€™d ask if you do anyway? Quicker removal of unwanted items would be easier if you have one.

EDIT: Actually, I canā€™t see to remove built-in items at all. It reads 0 Success | 0 Failed. I donā€™t know if this is intentional, but it does create a bit of a messy clutter for those of us who want an editor of our own chosen items and not defaults.

A section dedicated to manually-added items might be good, so we donā€™t have to dig through the alphabetical sorting.