In Game Item has a Newly Censored Word

The words “UwU” and “OwO” are now censored. I’m not sure what that means for me. Do I need to change these assets? Would I need to change their names as well as player data that have the mask “UwU” or “OwO”? Could I leave them just fine with the assumption that the censoring is a mistake? I’m not sure, but I’d like to know more about what to do in this situation since the only thing I can think of is just changing the name, model, and force altering data, but the problem is that players who bought the mask would feel scammed.

4 Likes

Since they’re censored by Roblox, I guess that they’ll be able moderated whenever they’re just a message or an asset. I suggest you change them to something else or simply remove the asset and refund it to the players.

1 Like

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

(Sorry for action spam at the bottom!)

As I’ve searched it up, it’s a face expression As you can see by my posts above, since UwU is a happy face, that’s seems fine, not expressing anything bad. OwO is a “cute” face, nothing wrong with that. What are the UwU and OwO locks used for though?

1 Like

I think that as long as you’re using them is a not-malicious way you’re good. Numbers and first/last names get filtered by Roblox all the time, but that doesn’t mean that you cant use those in your game!

… Anyway, just to prove a point I uploaded both as decals and they both got approved.

Again, if you’re using either of these two emoticons in an appropriate way it’s probably fine.

2 Likes

Thank you I haven’t thought about that, I was thinking more like staff for roblox would see the assets as a bad thing whereas the reality is just that it would’ve been content deleted by now. Thanks again c:

What do you mean by “locks”? The masks or filtered words?

Sorry, typo, meant to say what are they used for, do they have a purpose, or is it just a decor?

It is a cosmetic item, not used for any non TOS friendly stuff I don’t think.

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with the face. Not trying to diss roblox, ill support them with whatever they do as long as its a actual needed feature.
But personally I would replace them with something else. Maybe roblox faces? Unless someone says otherwise that you can use them.