In-Game UGC Limited Purchases are not being added to Inventory

This appears to be happening to specific users only.

• When a player purchases a UGC Limited item with sales location set to a specific game, they will get an error message
  • The transaction DOES APPEAR in their purchases list on the transactions website, but the item is not added to their inventory.
  • This error message occurs 100% of the time whenever the prompt purchase is retried.

PromptPurchase is being called on the server for these purchases, as required for UGC Limiteds.

The error that they get is:

This is happening to hundreds (if not thousands) of people in my experience right now, and I’ve got a lot of people complaining to me about them not being able to claim their free ugc items in my game :grimacing:

Despite the transaction appearing in their Purchases list, MarketplaceService:PlayerOwnsAsset is returning false for these players. The item does not get added to their inventory, so they cannot equip it.

Here’s some cases below:

Case 1

User: Alihan - Roblox
Item: Catalog Avatar Creator: Traffic Cone - Roblox

Media:

Description: User attempts to purchase free UGC item in-game. They get an error message (as seen in the video). The item is not added to their inventory, however it does appear on their Purchase transactions history. Every time they try to purchase the item, they get the error message, making it basically impossible for them to get the item.

MarketplaceService:PlayerOwnsAsset is returning false for this player and these items.

Case 2

User: https://www.roblox.com/users/671913429/profile
Items: Catalog Avatar Creator: Traffic Cone - Roblox and Catalog Avatar Creator: Halo - Roblox

Media:

Description: User attempted to purchase the items in-game, however they also got the error message. The items appear in their purchases list, but not in their inventory.

MarketplaceService:PlayerOwnsAsset is returning false for this player and these items.

Case 3

User: Monokuma_Awoken - Roblox
Item: Catalog Avatar Creator: Traffic Cone - Roblox

Media:

Description: User tried to buy the Traffic Cone item, but their purchase failed. The item does appear in their transactions, but not in their inventory.

Upon asking them to join my server, MarketplaceService:PlayerOwnsAsset is returning false for this player with this item.

There’s literally hundreds more cases of this being reported in my discord server, so I’m hoping that this can be fixed very soon…

31 Likes

This has been happening to me since yesterday, I claimed these items in game, both times it said my purchase had completed successfully

& I own a serial of both of these items

but they are no where to be found in my inventory & they don’t have the green checkmark indicating that I own them at the top of the page

6 Likes

I found it oddly strange that it happened to me and probably other users as well upon purchasing the Diepolder Christmas Hat in On Tap.

Here’s a clip of me purchasing it to show what I meant.

5 Likes

Seems fixed All of my in-experience purchases are being blocked - #5, unless this is another bug?

2 Likes

I encountered the same issue in Pls Donate while claiming free UGC. After leaving the game, the item appeared fine, but attempting to equip it resulted in a message stating that some accessories were no longer available. Surprisingly, within a minute, the item vanished from my inventory.

3 Likes

Hey all, thanks for reporting the issues you’re seeing here. Our team is actively investigating and we’ll update you as soon as possible.

14 Likes

Another thing to add into this, When i tried to equip a limited i just got from games, and unequip something, That one that i unequip suddenly i cant equip it too.

Now i have 2 items that i can equip, The Free Limited, and the thing i removed to equip my free limited.
Im glad that roblox doing something :sob:

4 Likes

Thank you all for reporting these issues.

We identified the root cause and have released a fix. You should be able to find your purchase in your transactions page.

We believe the issue is now resolved for any new purchases. For previously impacted purchases, items will show up within the next 36 hours from the time of your purchase.

17 Likes

Hi, What about the missing items that we’re affected along with the New Limited Item Bug (item that are non-limited was also deleted in avatar page).

4 Likes

this happened to me too, after i got one of the free limited hats that didn’t appear in my inventory, it caused all of my hat items that weren’t recent to disappear from my inventory and say i don’t own them

2 Likes

Yes, Exactly what happened on mine. They didnt mentioned it so I wonder if thats gonna be fix or no. :frowning:

4 Likes

they did fix it for non-limiteds, my inventory is finally back!

2 Likes

Yes, I can confirmed they actually fixed it

3 Likes

@TotoyRBLX @Nerezza_7 When you get a chance possible to provide more details about your reports please? We would need a link to the impacted Roblox account profile & the link to the items you do not see in your inventory anymore.

1 Like

This issue still hasn’t been fixed, it prompts the purchase but when the player purchases it it shows this error.

3 Likes