In response to Developer’s Feedback on Developer Exchange

I don’t agree. Increasing devex serves multiple purposes:

• Prevents developers from abandoning the platform
  • Gives dev teams more money and thus their ability to hire more developers and outside contractors
  • Attracts new developers to join the platform and create games
  • And so much more.

The increased devex indirectly leads to more quality because it stimulates competition and motivates developers.

3 Likes

Yeah, the transfer (or firing?) of the VP doesn’t necessarily mean anything good for anybody here. (or bad)

I do wonder why this happened, Hopefully it’s not because of her attempt at more transparency. . . Even though it’s far from perfect, I’m sure we all appreciate this response.

She just moved to a different company, nothing sinister.

1 Like

I’m glad that the it IS in the plan to increase the portion towards developers, But we really need some more fair treatment in a lot of ways.
I mentioned a lot of the fees and the outright Marketplace tax as a problem and important part of the picture regarding DevEx in my forum post (you can see it above), so I hope that the entire system actually gets revamped. (Even if it’s slowly but surely)

1 Like

16 posts were merged out for being Off-Topic

Please do not hijack the announcement to rant about your own DevEx eligibility. This is abusive posting behavior.

I cannot speak particularly to your post as I haven’t seen it, but @C_Sharper’s post was not taken down. It was automatically ignored as people in the community have flagged it since it is a rant full of false accusations against the platform and company. This thread is a topic meant to discuss the developer exchange rates, not rant about marketplace fees and customer support.

Developer exchanges are only rejected when you fail to meet the requirements. I cannot speak on why @C_Sharper was declined, but this is most certainly not the place to bring it up.

This is just a factor of life. You can put years of work into something, but that doesn’t automatically mean it will or even should be successful. Roblox provides free development tools, one-click publishing, severs, etc to make game development as easy as possible. The company does not ask for anything in return, so any work you do to benefit just the platform and the company, such as making free plugins, is at your own expense.

tldr: DevEx is a privilege, not a right.

DevEx
1. Participating in DevEx., in our sole discretion, may allow eligible users of the Service to participate in the DevEx. Users participating in the DevEx may redeem Robux for U.S. currency from us based upon an exchange ratio and other requirements, procedures, and limitations established by us in our sole discretion from time to time.

2. Reservation of Rights. , in our sole discretion, have the absolute right to manage, modify, suspend, revoke, and terminate the DevEx without notice, refund, compensation, or liability to you, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you do anything related to the Service that is against the law or otherwise not in line with these Terms or any of our policies, we reserve the right to deny, suspend or terminate your access to the DevEx (whether or not you have a transaction in process).

5 Likes

This is not the proper topic for finding out why your developer exchange request was rejected. The topic was posted to specifically discuss the developer exchange rates, not the support team and the rejection of developer exchanges.

If your Dev Ex was rejected, it could be that the Robux you earned was not acquired through eligible means. This could mean a number of things. Maybe someone purchased the Robux and then bought their own group asset in order to transfer said funds to a group before giving you a payout. Or the Robux was simply bought.

From my understanding only Robux that you earn from players contributing to a game by making in-game purchases with Robux count towards DevEx. Accepting commissions in Robux is truly not the way to go IMO unless you’re trying to spend it on the platform or other games.

1 Like

I mean, 90% of my commissions pay me via Robux and I’ve never been denied a DevEx. So I’m pretty sure that’s not a reason, the purchase of ineligible Robux is a reason though. Also, clothing sales count as eligible DevEx funds too.

2 Likes

5 posts were merged out for being off-topic

Please cease ranting about DevEx denials. This is not the right place. Feedback on DevEx is fine, ranting about your ineligibility after being specifically told not to is unprofessional.

At least roblox has replied to us, and I now realise how much they pay to payment processors etc.

1 Like

If they didnt have a good reason for rejecting you, they should now. You aren’t ready to develop professionally for roblox if this is how you insist on carrying yourself. Have some more tact.

15 Likes

Where is this information? I’d love to read it :slight_smile:

1 Like

They mentioned it here, that 24% goes to said places.

2 Likes

So where was the announcement during the speeches this morning or is that planned for later today?

4 Likes

Not sure if it’s this but David Baszucki said in his opening speech that they would be looking at paying developers per hours of play; and that they wanted to get the top 1,000 developers to an income of at least $30,000 per year.

Pretty close, but he added a qualification on that group of 1,000:

Which means the top 1,000 will be earning much more from in game purchases.

He also said this:

Justin Sousa (Head of the Developer Community) said this:

8 Likes

Thank you for being transparent with us! However, you mentioned about the App Store that some percentage goes to cover the App Store don’t all the robux transactions that kids buy Robux from you can cover the cost of the App Store?

Your question is worded a bit weird, so I’m not sure if I am giving you the right answer since I may have misunderstood what you’re asking.

But essentially, Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store take quite a large percentage from every in-app purchase for premium and Robux.