In the command bar, make it so that when you type a character like ( with text selected, it wraps the selection

As a Roblox developer, it is currently difficult to correct mistakes in the command bar because selected text is deleted instead of wrapped when typing characters like (. This is a rather hard idea to demonstrate concisely, so I’ll be as brief as possible.

In Studio’s code editor, when you have text selected and type a delimiter character, it surrounds the selection with the delimiter instead of deleting the selection:
799742bbf72e90e86843901454a7bc211

This behavior doesn’t exist for the Command Bar, which makes me very sad and impedes my workflow:

9f881c92dde65fc562399eaec9f782cd1

4 Likes

In the meantime, try entering:

="Hello, World"
2 Likes

Putting an = sign in front of expressions as an easy way to print them out only solves this scenario but what about functions that don’t necessarily write to the console?

Indeed, this is still a valid complaint which should be addressed.

I was just guessing that the OP did not know about the equals trick, and likely primarily wanted this for printing stuff.

1 Like

I primarily want it for arithmetic actually; I keep selecting and deleting my math.