Inaccurate times shown in group audit log

Reproduction Steps

1) Go to any group that you can access audit logs on.
2) Do an action that will output to the audit log. The easiest thing to do is to create a wall post and then delete it.
3) Go to the audit log in the Configure Group page and look at the time shown for the action you just did.

Expected Behavior

I expect to see the correct time for each action logged in the audit log.

Actual Behavior

The wrong time is shown for the action logged in the audit log.

Here I created three test messages in a group wall.

Then, I deleted all three messages after posting them. If you go to the audit log, you will see that at least one of them will have the wrong time shown.

Here I added a fourth log to the audit log by repeating step 2 and it caused the other logs to show the incorrect time.

Workaround

Refreshing the page several times will eventually fix it for those specific logs, but this inverts the issue and causes the logs that already had the correct time to now show the incorrect time.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Groups - Roblox
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly

6 Likes

This happens when you revert versions in an experience as well, I’d like to assume it has something to do with time zone settings on Roblox servers but I’m not completely sure.

1 Like

Roblox’s server are based in California which uses PDT, which is 4 hours behind your time zone.

While there isn’t really a fix for this (it’s different for everyone), for now I’d suggest for you to just add 4 hours to whatever time you find in the audit log.

Same with the talent hub messaging system I had a response to my message before my message was sent apparently

This is not a good workaround as only some of the time fields are incorrect.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

hi @AdvancedDrone are you still experiencing this issue?

1 Like

I have been experiencing time problems similar to this. For example, I just sent a message on a group wall at 11:36 AM. However, the time says 5:36 AM.

I experience this all the time, and this does not seem to be limited to group walls either.

1 Like