Inappropriate mesh filename?

I got this error way too many times today. Why are all our assets being moderated so heavily? It’s just really frustrating and I sincerely hope someone improves the moderation system.

3 Likes

Please post all issues with the filter here:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/chat-text-filter-review-requests/25717/

Please note in your report that the source was asset uploading from Studio and not in-game/etc.

Mesh name moderation doesn’t even matter. There is no reason to ever reference the name of a mesh asset unless it’s free. Studio shouldn’t be stopping you from uploading just because csift doesn’t like the name.

13 Likes

Haven’t had any issues with bad filenames in awhile, but last time I tried even renaming it caused it to act as if it didn’t upload, requiring me to rename the file itself and then reupload. For something which I wouldn’t really care if it was named “MeshPart” upon being denied it’s current name, it’s quite annoying to have to upload, popup, cancel, rename, reupload, and then rename back so that I don’t lose the file if it’s part of a labeled set.

1 Like

Feature Requests are generally a better place to request change in behavior. Your feedback would be acted on more quickly if you posted one rather than as a reply.

I’ve gone ahead and made one with the information in this and a previous thread:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/do-not-prevent-upload-of-meshes-with-inappropriate-names/62792

The overly-formal feature request format makes it annoying and not worth my time to design a thread that fits the template, especially when the feature is as minor as this one. If roblox wants more feature requests they should make it easier to post them.

1 Like

Can you two not do this here. This is a bug report thread. @EchoReaper @Sharksie

On Topic:
I believe its done because users can still find the mesh under your profile. Although that seems okay.

2 Likes

This should not be posted in Bug Reports, but rather in Filter Review Requests as mentioned in the first reply. If the OP wants to request different behavior in addition to reporting the filter false positive, that belongs in feature requests, which I have also provided a link to. Please redirect all feedback to either of the two threads linked previously.

So even is the name is moderated the mesh can still be seen by everyone? This would resolve my issue because I thought when I got that error, only I could see it.

Yeah, ideally the name just gets moderated without requiring any input from the user. Just like every other asset.

1 Like

Mesh assets are also available in the toolbox, which is one of the primary concerns about the name. I’ll add a bug report/feature request to allow the Mesh to be inserted with the name ‘######’ instead and we’ll make a decision in that regard.

As for the actual name filtering itself, please follow @EchoReaper’s instructions.

We review bugs and requests all the time, and they get converted internally based on design decisions. The formats we provide are meant to gather details on the issue/feature so that we can make better decisions quickly, rather than having to ask the same questions on every post.

2 Likes