'Inappropriate place name or description' for certain *.roblox.com links and Date format

Right before I create this post, I tried to edit game description and It keeps show this error when there are certain *.roblox.com links and Date (2020/mm/dd)

朖片

The game: đŸ’„Base Wars! [ Attack Helicopter Revamp! ] - Roblox

The Full Description Text that will trigger the error:

Fight with various weapons, Capture facilities and endless battle!
Classic shooter game since 2009! 
Award: RGC 2012 User’s Choice Game of the Year

â–ș Update every other Saturday.
Latest Update: 2020/05/23 (v21.1.0)
Latest Hotfix: 2020/05/27 (v21.1.0b) 
Next Scheduled Update will be on 2020/06/06

â–ș Update Log: 
devforum.roblox.com/t/BWUpdate/537841
â–ș How to View Full Map: 
devforum.roblox.com/t/ViewFullMap/596627
â–ș Game Rules: 
devforum.roblox.com/t/BWRules/537893
â–ș Other Works - Zealous Fighter
www.roblox.com/games/131398317/ZFgame
â–ș Test Server
www.roblox.com/games/79244147/BWPT

â–ș Community:
Check 'Social Links' below.

After I did some attempted, I found out these:

The following phases will trigger the error

2020/05/23
2020/05/27 
2020/06/06 

The following links will trigger also the error:

devforum.roblox.com/t/BWUpdate/537841
devforum.roblox.com/t/ViewFullMap/596627
www.roblox.com/games/131398317/ZFgame

Edit: I have removed all of the ‘â–ș’ on the live game description and seems it works now.
Replacing ‘â–ș’ to Emoji 'such as :memo:, :video_game: and :wrench:. Will also trigger the error.
These icon and emojis suppose to be working before.

6 Likes

You can’t represent links with text, so your update log, full map and rules links should just be their URL.

Try representing the dates as 6 June 2020 instead of 2020/06/06 to see if that helps.

The links are all allowed if you put them in as just the URL, so after that change I doubt they’d cause problems.

3 Likes

They are represented as URL in the actual game description. They are just auto converted on DevForum.
I have edited them so it should show as Preformatted text now.

I have changed the date as ‘6 June 2020’ and it works on live game description
However ‘yyyy/mm/dd’ suppose to work in the past so I hope roblox will fix this issue.

1 Like

They might be misinterpreting it as a birth date, so to protect against people giving away personal information it is not accepted.

1 Like

Well, that makes no sense. If I’m not able to say I was born 2003/07/12 (not my real birthday) but I am able to say 12 July* 2003, there is no reason Roblox should be filtering that.

3 Likes

I agree. There’s plenty of cases where the filter arbitrarily blocks something that could be stated another way.

If I had to take a guess at why: Blocking all dates would be really restrictive. Blocking dates in a format that you tend to see date of birth and very rarely see other information seems like a reasonable place to start.

I’m not guaranteeing that’s the actual reason, just an educated guess based on many battles with the filter. I was just offering up some context and helping the OP identify other ways of achieving what they’re after in the meantime.

1 Like

I also have the same problem, but not with links. Instead, i’m encountering the “Inappropriate place name or description” whenever i put my username in the description.

I don’t really know what’s wrong with my username. It wasn’t inappropriate when i changed my username to my current one.

2 Likes

Apparently the digits cause the “Inappropriate place name or description” message. I’ve had this issue as well.

You can change your Devforum links to:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/base-wars-update-log/
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-to-see-full-map-in-base-wars/

2 Likes

I tried using Johnsboro as a name for a project I’m working on and ROBLOX rejected it, but when I used Jonesboro, they took it.

That’s something that they definitely need to look at.

1 Like

I’ll bump this again.

I found another issue with the filter. Once again I had to rewrite the description it turns out it was because just changed the date (to let people know the game updated) from 6/8/21 to 6/15/21. I have no idea why that gets it filtered.