Include Initial Message In Roblox Support Emails

When reaching out to Roblox support, users are prompted to provide some general information as well as a description of the issue they are experiencing. Once the user reaches an agent and questions are asked of them, the user is unable to refer back to their initial description of the issue, as it was written on the Roblox website and not via email. In my personal experience with support, I have been asked to clarify details that were summarized in the initial message, but I was unable to due not having access to it. As a result, I have been hindered in the support process and now rely on creating a copy of my initial message. By including the initial message in the support ticket’s email, users will be able to easily refer back to what was previously said, which will help expedite the support process.

16 Likes

There have been many situations where I have been asked for information I already sent in the original message, and have been asked to send it again (often worded like I didn’t send it in the first place), which usually ends up being difficult.

This would solve so many issues, ranging from having a copy of the information previously discussed both for me and the several staff members handling single tickets (as informatoin seems to often get lost during longer ticket chains considering the amount of times I have been repeatedly requested to post the exact same information up to 3-4 times in a row, each time by a new person) to proving that information has already been sent.

Every other platform I’ve ever needed to contact support for has had the whole ticket in emails in one way or another (sometimes having a condensed/neat version of the ticket history after the newest reply, but usually it’s formatted like an email chain going back and forth which is still perfectly fine and more does the job) so I’m not sure why Roblox can’t keep up with basic modern systems.

2 Likes

I just experienced this today when contacting technical support. I think this is due to the first few messages being bot replies that are designed to filter out FAQs. But it’s still rather annoying to have to repeat myself 3 different times before I finally get to an actual person who can help me.

Same here, it’s annoying how they have us explain ourselves like many times and this feature idea could help us.

1 Like

Yes, I agree that it would help. But I think the issue is more on their side. Because what we write there must be going somewhere. I feel like they’re just choosing to ignore it in some cases. Though in my case, it’s literally because there are 2 bot emails you have to go through.

The first tells you to try certain things first (which I already said in my submission that I’ve tried all of that already), and then the second email was asking me for specific information (most of which I also already gave in the initial submission). I’m still waiting for my third email, but I suspect it will be a real person this time as that second email was asking for specific information to assist with the investigation.

1 Like