IncomingReplicationLag should not impact TeamCreate loading time or PlaySolo launch time

As a Roblox developer, IncomingReplicationLag is a setting you can set that impacts all incoming network requests to RCC (Roblox’s servers). Unfortunately, if you set this setting to 100 seconds or something, this delays loading of team create and your game to 100 seconds, which was very confusing to debug.

As a developer, I like to use this setting at 0.2 or even higher to simulate a laggy client. However, I do not want to experience this loading time in studio as part of my iteration loop, just as part of the UX testing of my game.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to have a faster studio-test-loop.

8 Likes

I support this feature request.

I didn’t even know this affected team create and RCC in the first place. Isn’t it just a simulated server in studio? That might not even be intended, so it might be a bug or documentation issue.

As for the loading time for opening the server, it gets quite annoying at times, even though it is part of the simulation. I usually change the setting quite often as well, and the fact that it’s in studio settings, a foreground window, prevents me from editing the setting efficiently.

1 Like