Inconsistent jump height

I’ve noticed that the character’s jumps are very inconsistent. When jumping, sometimes I get stuck on the wall, and sometimes I can jump over it. It seems to jump higher when walking into a part. Is there any way to fix it? I’ve tried adding an extra part for collisions, but that still didn’t help.

Here’s a video showing what I mean

This is actually a issue with Roblox’s physics engine. You can jump way higher if you push against a wall right before you jump (about 3 studs higher at times). But continuously pushing against a wall makes your jump really low for some reason.

I haven’t seen any fixes for this unfortunately. It would have to be fixed by Roblox.

This is very common to see in games where you may bump into a ledge that you want to jump over, but can’t get over it unless you move backwards a little and try again.

Yeah, I kind of thought it was going to be hard to fix something like that. Roblox’s physics engine is really hard to work with sometimes. I’ll try to find a fix for this, and if I do, I’ll post it here. I hope Roblox decides to change it, but they probably won’t because many games might break. Maybe if they did something like the lighting setting, where you can select the physics engine you want.

Anyone come up with a solution for this?

1 Like