Inconsistent ZOffset for ParticleEmitters

yeah, im guessing that someone simply forgot to account for zoffset when adding in soft shading. no idea why it’s taking so long to fix though.

1 Like

I should mention issue also affects a Rthro package and possibly many other items Roblox is offering on the catalog. As you can see item’s glow becomes less intense.

RobloxStudioBeta_2022-06-03_21-12-12

This bug can actually discourage people from purchasing items with VFX.

4 Likes

Apparently, this bug also affects beam objects. If you lower the quality to 7, everything works fine, but when its over 7, and the issue becomes very buggy as shown here in the video.
https://gyazo.com/8a26ceb8581bd47f706e8b9cb3678a9f

2 Likes

In my opinion ZOffset is useless when it can’t reliably do stuff like this. I’ve had so many issues in the past where particles would fade into the floor or not appear in front or behind the character like I want them to. This seems like such a simple fix but nothing has changed over the course of a whole year. Please give us an update on this.

4 Likes

It seems like this issue was just fixed. Particles don’t clip abnormally anymore for me.

Sadly, it still persists.

I really hope for a fix. It’s… been a long time.

I’m not sure if it affects beams too, but a Roblox Staff recently replied to a bug report that it has been fixed. Particle ZOffset is behaving correctly for me

1 Like

Following up on this as we are doing a general check on old issues!

From what I see, one of our engineers fixed this issue and replied here:

If the issue is still occurring, please file a new bug report, so we can track it much easier, thanks!