Incorrect URL path for the place publishing Open Cloud docs

The documentation for the path you should set with the base URL to use the place publishing API is incorrectly set. At the current moment it shows the current path as /v1/universe/{universeId}/place/{placeId}/versions which is incorrect. It should be /v1/{universeId}/places/{placeId}/versions. Either the documentation is incorrect or the path is set incorrectly in the Open Cloud code (on the Roblox end).

This happens in the documentation on any device.

Not sure when this was changed to this however I just checked it a few days ago while trying to record a YouTube video on how to use the API but I had to stop recording cuz there where errors given back to be and this is due to the URL/endpoint being incorrectly set cuz of what the docs say.

This is quite a big documentation bug because people will get confused (it took me comparing past code I made from the old documentation to find out the issue):

Repro

Go to Place Publishing Open Cloud docs and you will see the incorrect path set.

Image of what you see:

Image of what you should see (the thing circled in blue is what should be removed):

We’ve identified the problem and filed a ticket to our internal database for this issue!

Thanks for flagging!

2 Likes

Seem like the issue has been fixed now. Thanks.

1 Like