Increase Level of Moderation in the Weekends

Every Saturday or Sunday there’s a post that comes out which is absolute chaos. Today’s chaotic episode was this
Which was open for 3 hours.

I don’t understand why there’s a decreased level of moderation in the weekends. Moderators don’t check flags, and mostly inactive.

Its probably related to moderators taking breaks, which is reasonable. But isn’t there a switch that happens between moderators in between these breaks? Mod Team 1 takes break, Mod Team 2 takes its place.

11 Likes

You are right, on Saturdays there’s little moderation, and also on Sundays, so yes, there’s a lot of risk of bad links like during the time when there were the topics like “Why girls don’t like me”

And also during the night in the USA, when it’s night in the USA most moderation is sleeping, meaning that there’s way less moderation, meaning that sometimes topics like that get moderated hours later, strangely there seems to not be a moderation team in some other part of the world, that can check the DevForum during the night in the USA

Also side note, the topic you chose broke into chaos because there was the guy that kept answering with ChatGPT and it broke into chaos, I suggest you read it all, it’s very funny, really the topic was to talk about people that use ChatGPT to ‘help’

4 Likes

Yes, I know. I watched the entire thing.

3 Likes

sorry for bumping, but I 100% agreed, I was involved in that chaotic episode

I flagged 3 posts today for bypassing the minimum characters and never got a response from the moderators :confused:

yep, I, @Moneypro456789, and many others were involved in a situation where some person was trying to swear in the devforums, we flagged many of his posts and they were taken down hours later

2 Likes

This is incorrect Roblox has moderation teams working around the clock on different parts of the site (moderating asset uploads, text chat reports, etc).

It is not known whether they do so for the forum or not.

Please don’t post if you don’t know what you’re talking about. This is deconstructive to the discussion and doesn’t actually help anyone.

3 Likes

It is possible to sort by last seen on the moderator group:
Over the past few weeks I’ve been looking at it and the people who were clearly hired to moderate (the ones you see replying to your flags) are not seen as often on weekends.

2 Likes

Just shows they’re active on the weekend:

Either way, it doesn’t matter. Focus on the problem and not on symptoms.

1 Like

Update: the new chaotic episode came and it’s this: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/curious-george-is-a-black-boy-and-people-in-the-show-are-racist/2308548/1, like roblox seriously needs to hire international moderators so it can be fixed (they moderate posts at the afternoon in the uae though)

2 Likes

Dear Roblox Moderation Team,

I am writing to bring to your attention a spammy post that has managed to become the top post on the DevForum. This post is not only irrelevant and unhelpful, but it also detracts from the overall quality of the forum and its content.

As a member of the Roblox community, I value the DevForum as a place for developers to share ideas, collaborate on projects, and engage in meaningful discussions. However, when spammy posts like this one are allowed to remain on the forum, it undermines the purpose of the forum and discourages users from participating.

I respectfully request that you take action to remove this post from the DevForum. By doing so, you will be helping to maintain the integrity of the forum and ensure that it remains a valuable resource for developers.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

@DevEngagementTeam I beg you, moderators.

2 Likes

The simple solution would be if Roblox added a feature where if a topic has received a certain number of flags it becomes hidden from the public and you have to search for it.

1 Like

We have another one:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/in-the-czech-republic-too-we-love-pork/2308698
I’m not sure what needs to happen, but this feature request is becoming more and more relevant to the present day.

3 Likes

No, it gear unlisted directly and then it gets listed/locked once a moderator looks at it

Just saw it, the DevForum it’s just getting spammed a lot

I guess what happened is when the Roblox Forums were removed, everyone just went to the DevForums.

Probably, they should make at least a fan Roblox Forum on Fandom for example

Roblox needs to make some serious changes.

It’s gotten to the point in the past where a regular I believe literally phoned up Roblox to take a down a post because it was getting out of control (this was a while ago afaik).

I’m not as active on the DevForum as I used to be, but when we have references to explicit content in posts, and we have posts that have been titled (wasn’t able to catch what the posts description was) as a tutorial to make something highly illegal, we need some serious change.

It’s been a couple hours and I’ve flagged at least 170+ posts. The same person is spamming other topics as well (wouldn’t be surprised if they came to this topic)

I think moderation should be more stricter on spam/troll posts. It’s usually the same people causing trouble because nothing really happens to them

2 Likes

It’s very true, they should really make something like a suspension warning and once you get it you’re suspended for like 30 minutes

I must’ve flagged at least 200

I’m under the assumption that they’ve been compromised though, considering they have one million+ place visits, and I don’t think they’d want to ruin their reputation by making a ton of spam posts.

This problem has been going on for years, I just hope it stops eventually.

1 Like