Increasing playtime

Hi guys!

I have been struggling to get plays and keep people engaged beyond the first 10 minutes of gameplay. I was wondering if people would be interested in giving me some tips on how to improve it. The game link is: [ANIME UPDATE] Beat Em Up! - Roblox.

We have tried changing the name since it doesn’t have a lot of keywords in it and adding more stuff to do at the start, but it seems it has not made a lot of impact. So I thought I would ask for advice here!

Thanks for reading!

The game is well-made and looks quite polished, though I had no clue what was going on, especially during the quests. Like the quests felt like I was just going back and forth and it was getting quite dull doing so over and over again. I think that could be the main reason why players leave.

I also was confused about upgrading weapons, since the quest said to upgrade your weapon and the UI popped up I had no clue what was going on since it wasn’t very clear. Though that could just be me.

My guess for the playtime is that it hasn’t reached the right audience yet, I would keep running ads until you find one that works, and then go for that. You should also make a Twitter or discord and start getting people on there since you can probably find the right audience that way.

Overall the game is quite good but isn’t really for me. Once you find the right target audience I’m sure the game will be gain attraction fast, but good work on the game!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your reply! I will look into your issues, even a look from someone that is not about these type of games gives a lot of insight, since I do think you are right.

1 Like