Increasing Premium Payouts

This change will hopefully give developers incentive to create more immerse and unique takes with their game’s content, without feeling the need to overly monetize their game, which can cheapen the experience and disengage its audience.

Amazing Update!

6 Likes

This is a very good update I love how roblox looks out for there developers its so sweet.

7 Likes

Awesome! An increase to Premium Payouts was needed, and still is. I think this is a step in the right direction, however it still needs to be raised because it’s not a viable source of income.

If your game makes 200 robux in premium payouts currently, this will only increase it to about 400 robux. That’s not enough to support small developers. I also feel as if it might be insignificant to large devs as well who are making well over 1,000,000 robux daily.

Great change! Definitely a step in the right direction!!!

12 Likes

That’s going to massively increase earnings.

7 Likes

WOW! This is going to make premium payouts a real source of revenue! Thank you so much Roblox! Quick question, does this go into effect immediately? Thank you for helping smaller devs like me!

5 Likes

This is great, but Premium Payouts still aren’t available for paid access games. This thread is all the more relevant:

5 Likes

Nice! We need that extra revenue as developers

4 Likes

Wow, time and time again! This is definitely going to give another upper hand for developers that don’t have front-page or pay-to-win games. Can’t wait for more improvements coming through the rest of this year for developers.

6 Likes

I see what you did there. :smile:

9 Likes

This is simple amazing more developers have the chance to get an increase in there income!
I CANT WAIT! :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

How come it’s increasing? Is there a motivation behind this, like to get more games on the market? Is Roblox just doing it because they want to better support popular games, which will then come to rely on premium payouts, and then start to paywall features and only allow certain things to premium users? Or, less conspiracy-y, do you just want to support devs more?

6 Likes

Woo yeah! I love how you guys are pushing the boundaries! This can potentially help small developers, now what I am waiting for next is video frames! :flushed::fire:

3 Likes

This is awesome. Thank you guys so much for listening to the community and their suggestions.

2 Likes

The tripling in April was permanent too, hence Premium Payouts have been increased by about 5x since originally launched.

22 Likes

Will there be something for devs which have their game stuck to their profile?

We can’t transfer the premium payouts to other devs without having an extra 30% tax rate ontop of the robux.

Right now, the gameowner from the game that i work on earns 20% more than what i earn, even though he completely quit working on the game since 3 years ago and wanted me to have all of the robux that the game makes.

10 Likes

Love this change! I normally use premium payouts to earn robux. Thank you so much! :smiley:

4 Likes

Although many are arguing for a dev-ex rate increase, you need to at least partially support that ROBLOX is making efforts to make exchanging faster, easier, and with greater amounts, with the new initiative and raising of premium payouts. Exciting news and look forward to taking advantage of this update. :smiley:

6 Likes

This is a great and significant thing for us the developers. But, there is still some stuff you could improve.

Firstly, I think that DevEx support is almost non-existent. At the end, ROBLOX Staff can’t/aren’t allowed to tell you stuff about your Moderation History. I think this is a joke, because I do not know if I’m even eligible for Developer Exchange or not. And the thing is, that I see the cash out button only if there’s 100k in my account, but I can not exchange without a clear moderation history, that is why I need that information. If I shouldn’t see it and have 100k in my account, what should I do?

Secondly, I think there’s a small thing wrong with the DevEx rates. You could let people risk their accounts by going to shady websites or you can give people a higher DevEx rate. I’ve seen people getting 700 USD for 100k Robux, whilst ROBLOX pays 350 USD. I think it would be a premium benefit if you added something that gives Premium Users a higher DevEx pay rate, however, you need to be a Premium member for 5 months already to get that benefit.

Thirdly, it is not fair that the paying Customers have almost the same benefits as the non-paying ones. I honestly won’t spend any money on Premium any longer, since it gives you no other benefit than ROBUX. You could e.g. lower the ROBLOX “Tax” for Premium Users and higher the “tax” for non-premium users.

However, a lot of Developers and I are grateful that ROBLOX is starting to actively support and boost us, this is a really nice thing to make ROBLOX more convenient.

10 Likes

I don’t think Roblox will be changing taxes back to the way they used to work. Premium wasn’t meant for developers I think but instead players. Developers should not be paying monthly just to get a better fairer cut of their revenue when they have been making people get the Robux in the first place (besides the catalog).

2 Likes

Wow.
This is phenominal.
I remember I was getting like 257 Robux from only, like 100 some visits.
Now, this will probably peak to 600+!
Thanks Roblox!

7 Likes