Increasing the character limit on Group Shouts

As a Roblox Group owner, it is currently difficult to make whatever you want to say to fit into the group shout; the current limit for the group shout is 255 characters. That really isn’t a lot to work with.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience on the site since there would be more room to add on the group shout to be able to add things such as linking to a game or asset on the group shout or needing to add more details about an update on a game that is in the group without worrying about the character limit; I suggest making the maximum length for group shout to be the same as the group description (1000 characters)

7 Likes

I have come across this issue numerous times when trying to update my group’s members. Currently, the only way to fix this is to condense your message, which can sometimes leave out important details. 1,000 characters seems unnecessary high, though; maybe a 500 character limit would work, or even a feature to add game/asset links along with the post, similarly to how the social links work (that’s another feature request, though).

Yeah, thats a pretty big issue with the current character limit, sometimes I have to even leave out punctuation or pull out words JUST to get it to fit in

1 Like