Inexplicable Light Sources and Shadows Around Unions and MeshParts

Pretty much what’s in the title. For no discernible reason, having higher accuracy CollisionFidelity on Unions and MeshParts in any lighting mode will cause strange light sources and shadows to appear on and around the Union/MeshPart, where brightness increases with collision accuracy. This occurs on all lighting modes and is most noticeable at night when both PBR sliders are set to 1. When PBR sliders are set to 0, there are now very dark shadows where the bright spots were.

ShadowBugRepro.rbxl (43.4 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

Just checked my “repro” file. It seems to still be an issue.

Alright. When there is an update i will pass off the info to you.

1 Like

As per our engineers: This issue was fixed March 17th. This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

3 Likes

It seems to be fixed most of the time? Moving the camera in certain ways can cause it to flicker back to the way it was before. Definitely an improvement but still not perfect.

EDIT: I’ve tested this in an actual level, and it seems this flickering happens very very rarely, to the point it’s almost unnoticeable.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.