Infinite Water in ROBLOX

So recently, I was trying to make an ocean-based game. But the problem is that you can see the edge of the water, and that makes it look Low-Quality. I’ve tried several techniques such as:

Examples

But none of them really work, so is there a way to make the water look infinite?

3 Likes

Generate more water. Try generating it in a circular fashion instead of the square you got now

I’m using the Terrain Sea Level tool, how am I supposed to make a circle?

Oh I was under the impression you were generating water by script. If you’re using the sea level tool, try making the size bigger. Atmosphere should also help a lot though you’ve already tried that.

It does fix the problem, but it lags my Studio a little too, any solution for that? If not, everything’s good.

Genrate more water and cut it off before the end is reached. Personally I have completely moved away from the default water and have moved to creating my own water with Skinned Mesh. This gives me the option to make it endless with the performance of one mesh.

This technique has popped up alot including @tyridge77 's new “The Wild Seas” project.

2 Likes

Cut it off meaning what? Do you mean only rendering it when you are in the appropriate vicinity?

I was just saying to create the world barrier before the end of your water. This with atmosphere gives the “endless” look. Again, I would recommend creating custom water still. This is the future as it is fast and even @MrChickenRocket has made it dynamic and it moves when touch touch it!

I often use a Cylinder and convert it to water, then add an Atmosphere. Another idea could be to modify the terrain in a LocalScript that essentially always moved this cylinder of water around you (which you shouldn’t notice because of an atmosphere or fog)

One problem with custom water, is that I want to keep the swimming element, I can do that, but it will never be as smooth as the Default one.

I never suggested custom water.

I often use a Cylinder and convert it to water

1 Like

I’d suggest maybe finding a skybox that matches the ocean color better?