Infinitely growing unreadable chat notifications from Team Create members

The website chat has been broken for a while, causing a real nuisance on the title of website tabs

It’s been known that this happens when you’re in Team Create with someone, showing a notification for a chat message that can never be read

Well, now it’s getting even worse than it already has been. I’m getting infinite chat rooms showing up now, with people I’m in Team Create with, with duplicates chat rooms that don’t go away.

Fix. Your. Website.

25 Likes

can confirm

3 Likes

A ‘mark all read’ button could be useful here.

I had to disable my browser’s unread badge feature because of this lol

6 Likes

I noticed this a couple days ago but I’m glad to learn that I’m not the only one having the problem. It seems to multiply based on how many chat tabs you have open in Studio.

1 Like

It also doesn’t even show which game’s TC I was added to, so I have to ask everyone I’m working with for the place URL and I have to manually track each place.

1 Like

For me, it isn’t team create.

I just have chat-rooms for people I am not even friended with, though it won’t let me leave/remove the chat. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Can confirm. It’s been happening to us for a few days now.

image image

image image

2 Likes

I have also been having this issue, opening any team create instance generates anywhere between 1-3 new zombie group chats.

This issue may also be related to:

The website chat client has been a complete mess for months, if not years now…

2 Likes

Was just about to make a report, and found DataBrain already made one :sweat_smile:

Yes, so both my friend and I are having this issue, as we relog into team create on a daily basis. I currently have (32) messages and growing…

He sent me this screenshot as he is having the same issue as well:

1 Like

Hey everyone, thanks for the reports. 1:1 team create chats were being upgraded to group chats on web accidentally. We’ve made the appropriate fix and you shouldn’t see this happen anymore (if you do, please let us know).

To get rid of the chats that have already been created you and the other user need to leave each of them (available at the bottom of the Chat Details section of each chat). Or, if you’re comfortable, run this in the developer console of an open tab:

var userId = $("meta[name='user-data']").data().userid;
function leaveIfEmpty(id) {
    $.get("https://chat.roblox.com/v2/get-messages?conversationId="+id+"&pageSize=50", function(data) {
        if (data.length == 0) {
            $.ajax({
                url: "https://chat.roblox.com/v2/remove-from-conversation",
                type: "POST",
                data: {
                    conversationId: id,
                    participantUserId: userId
                }
            });
        }
    });
}
$.get("https://chat.roblox.com/v2/get-user-conversations?pageNumber=1&pageSize=50", function(chats) {
    for (var x in chats) {
        var chat = chats[x];
        if (!chat.hasUnreadMessages && chat.participants.length <= 2) {
            leaveIfEmpty(chats[x].id);
        }
    }
});

and then refresh the page. You should see all one or two person empty group chats in the last 50 of your chats disappear from the list.

21 Likes

That code left all the created chats, thank you!

3 Likes

Whoever wrote that code is the bees knees! Very helpful

4 Likes

Thanks for fixing this!

I ran the code, it removed most of the unrread messages, however i have like 10 left and i get this error:

I still have one unread message even though there are no unread conversations left (couldn’t find them with either get-user-conversations, get-conversations, get-unread-messages, i checked every page).
But get-unread-conversation-count still returns 1 for me.

I would think those are 1:1 messages (which will throw errors since you can’t leave them). This will only work for group messages.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.