Infinitely long "Find in all scripts" widget after searching for long text lines

When searching for an incredibly long string of text, the “Find in all scripts” window extended to the size of the text, causing it to be impossible to close it. The window retains its immense length even when just opening it with Shift+F.

Here is a GIF of the behavior of the window, I was not able to produce a GIF on how to produce it due to the bug being irreversible without reinstalling studio.

Steps:
Open a roblox text editor with a very long single line of text
Select the entire line and press CTRL+SHIFT+F
Press enter
Press CTRL+Shift+F again
The window should be infinitely long

4 Likes

When I do it seems fine, it just appears I put in the chosen word and it comes up normally, this might happen because you dont have it positioned around your screen.

Oh my god you actually tried to reach the end of the window for a solid minute. That’s hilarious.

Have you tested the window snapping? For example drag it to the very top of your screen. I don’t know if it works with that window but you should try it. Then you can resize one of the corners from there.

2 Likes

Resizing the window in any way makes it disappear entirely, and the pop-up window doesn’t allow snapping it seems.

I had this happen with the properties window before. You need to search some small strings until the long result causing the issue is not in the list of past searches anymore.

5 Likes

(sorry for bump, just suggesting fix)

Following a post from CaZ, this is tied to long strings being pasted into the properties window, there are two ways to reset this

1. Fill the search bar with entries until the long strings go away
  2. (Advanced) Delete this selected registry entry
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.