Inkscape vs Adobe XD?

For awhile I’ve been thinking of using Inkscape to design things like GUI buttons, game title, and such. But I’ve noticed that a lot of people on the Roblox platform tend to use a different method of getting art which is Adobe XD.

I know that Adobe is very famed in the professional art industry because of their many applications and software. So the question I really want to ask is, is it worth it to switch to Adobe XD? What features does it have that make it more reliable for use in Roblox games over other free softwares like Inkscape?

Huge thanks in advance to the people that help me with this!

Adobe XD only assists you to animate and preview the User Interfere that you have designed, in other words, it helps you to create your prototype. However, it does not help you to design GUI graphics from scratch, this would requires you to use other applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, and then later on you would have to import your work into Adobe XD.

To answer your question, I would suggest designing on Inkscape, due to the fact that Adobe XD is very limited when it comes to design from scratch. You may use other applications like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator if you wish, these applications might not fir the budget for some designers, however, they have much more features than the other applications that I known. If you are looking forward to professional and high quality artworks then Ps and Ai are definitely worthy to use!

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love Adobe XD for it’s GUI design, however if you want to use it for anything other than prototyping you may want to stick to something else. As far as I know of, there is no way to export guis or their buttons/ images. There may be a plug-in for this, or maybe you could export it to Photoshop? But in my opinion, Adobe XD is great for laying out your ideas before designing and polishing them off in Roblox.

Also, it’s completely free, so you can go test it out to see if it’s right for you.

Cheers, Titanic

1 Like

Use figma instead, its like adobe xd but free

Any program out there has the power to recreate designs that have been made in programs like adobe XD; every application is just a tool with easier useful features, I would consider to use one you are more comfortable with.

Inkscape is a good alternative as it provides helpful options tools the question you have in mind is what you consider a better produce for you. The limited or paid programs out there, produce similar things as it may have easier features to put things together quite fast in Adobe XD then free ones.

These applications including inkscape is capable enough to do almost the things that can be created within Adobe. Of course each program has a learning curve, but I believe it’s a more better tool to start with or switch to.

Adobe XD is free, and it’s a great prototyping tool with easy export functions. Figma and AdobeXD can be used for very similar things.

figma is the same, I like XD a bit more, didnt know its free

Adobe XD is not an art platform, it is a UI Design app. I personally use photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and Cinema 4D to make my UIs