Insane CPU hanging when interacting with CoreGUI elements or just moving around in an experience

Do correct me if I’m wrong here but I haven’t seen this issue posted yet and I’ve been having this issue since the start of December 2023.

Whenever I join any experience I am met with an insane amount of lag and instantly Roblox utilizes a huge amount of RAM, even in a completely empty place (like around 1.2GB!?). This also happens when leaving the application basically freezes for about 5 seconds then closes.

I’m noticing high CPU usage and extremely high RAM usage, In the moments that the game hangs there is a giant process called “DelayedThreads”, not sure if this is the culprit but its along with Heartbeat, GetCameraDrvices, and any CoreGUI script.

I’ve been away from my main computer for a bit so I could only test on my laptop.

Plugged in to mains, Legion 5 15ACH6H. 32GB, Ryzen 5 5600H, Nvidia RTX 3060 Laptop GPU.

Merry Christmas, and sorry this was my present to you lot.

A private message is associated with this bug report

6 Likes

This was reported here:

Appears to occur:

• When opening Chat
  • When sending chat messages
  • When opening Esc menu
  • Randomly otherwise
2 Likes

Hey, this is a new issue happening with the Roblox client, which causes micro stutters when rendering/opening up the chat/opening up settings that is slowly weaving their way through Roblox without any resolve.

The issue relates to Roblox Face Tracking, and Roblox has yet to resolve it; here’s how any of you can resolve the issue if you’re having it.

1. Open the Windows search bar and type “Manage Cameras”, then you should be directed to your settings.
  2. Disable all of your cameras
  3. Issue Resolved!

I hope this helps anyone whom it reaches; for more info, here’s a devforum post I made highlighting the bug a couple of weeks ago:

2 Likes

Thank you, using the microsoft app was insufferable :skull:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.