Insert menu auto selecting deprecated/old items

Reproduction Steps

1. Insert a part into Studio
  2. Open the insert menu and start typing “wel”. The selection will be on WeldConstraint
  3. Finish off typing weld with the “d”. The selection will skip to insert “Weld” even though it is greyed out and not the top option

Expected Behavior
Ideally the insert window selection stays focused on the first option.

Actual Behavior
When it matches the search name with the instances it tries to highlight that option to select it. But this option has a better alternative (Weld vs WeldConstraint) so it is greyed out.

Workaround
Select WeldConstraint with your mouse or arrow keys. Or just don’t type the “d” when typing weld.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-01-15 00:01:00 (-08:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-02-23 00:02:00 (-08:00)

4 Likes

It auto-selects the old deprecated one as you spelt out “Weld” which is the name of the deprecated object and is just intended to be a QOL feature, if you wanted a weld constraint you could have just typed “weldconstraint”

1 Like

I want to state that welds are not deprecated iirc.

2 Likes

They aren’t deprecated, but they are superseded.

1 Like

Welds are not deprecated. They are the manual equivalent to WeldConstraints and very relevant when scripting.

Hello, @Usering ! This report looks like a feature request. Can you, please, resubmit it as a feature request?; for tracking purposes…

https://maximumadhd.github.io/Roblox-API-History.html#516

516 was not released when I made that comment. I think that’s a mistake, anyway. There is no true replacement for Weld - if Roblox expects me to use RigidConstraint and go around parenting a hundred attachments to everything I will strangle them.

Well then my apologies, it made sense to me to post it anyway because I thought it was released before you made your reply because I saw this:

(image attached with tweet of the API changes from 25th of February)