InsertService doesn't work!

I’ve tried executing code below in console(server side), studio cmd bar, server side in testing, and none of them added the intended item into the game. I am trying to add a gear (Linked Sword) into my game.

game:GetService("InsertService"):LoadAsset(125013769)

I don’t see the gear anywhere in workspace, and console gives me no errors.

game:GetService(“InsertService”):LoadAsset(125013769)[1].Parent = workspace;

Where do I execute this?

The issue had nothing to do with the Command Bar. You should try to run it there once again.

1 Like

The issue had nothing to do with the Command Bar. You should try to run it there once again.

nothing happens

I was mistaken. You should try game:GetService("InsertService"):LoadAsset(125013769).Parent = workspace; instead.

Previously, I had thought that LoadAsset returned an array of objects, though this functionality is implemented by DataModel:GetObjects that does this. InsertService:LoadAsset instead returns a Model containing the objects (Instances) to the asset.

The semicolon is not necessary, it is used to mark the end of an expression. print("Hello World!") and print("Hello World!"); have the same function.

1 Like

It worked, what did you change?

When you insert an asset using insertservice, it appears as a model in workspace. Look inside your workspace for something named “Model” then look inside and you should see your gear.

2 Likes

I know, I did it before, the problem was that I wasn’t setting parent of model to workspace, I tried setting it’s parent to workspace but didn’t know I had to add the ‘;’ at the end.