InsertService getLatestAssetVersion doesn't work with places anymore

It used to be that we could read place versions with getLatestAssetVersion like so:
game:GetService'InsertService':GetLatestAssetVersionAsync(1291731876)
However, running that command now (this change occurred this past week I believe) throws the error InsertService getLatestAssetVersion : Request Failed because HTTP 500 (InternalServerError)

I read place versions to determine when the place was published because I don’t believe there currently exists an on published event

This does seem like a bug.

Curious, what was your use case for checking when a place was published?

1 Like

I have a module that returns an updated event, but strangely it seems it isn’t used in my code anywhere… I know I must have had a use for it–something in the studio side of my framework–but I don’t remember what it was

My WIP game (which is not released) was relying on this as well and I am experiencing issues. Based on the Http 500 error my first guess is the code for the endpoint used by GetLatestAssetVersionAsync is out of date and something was internally changed with how versions are stored.

P.S. My use case for this is to know when to load the updated framework from the latest place so that I can publish updates in real time.