Inspired by sk3let0n's Spaceship Engine

So, I don’t normally get inspired by other people’s work these days, but when I do it it’s because their work is freakin’ amazing! So sk3let0n inspired this out of me with his recent spaceship engine post :slight_smile:

This took me 1.30 hours. No solid modelling. Less than 1k parts. Also if you get inspired by something you see, want not make your version and post it?

3 Likes

neat

could be used as an antenna as well

For all our sakes, I hope this turns into a turf war where people are just trying to one-up each other

[quote] neat

could be used as an antenna as well [/quote]

Yeah, I want to use it in something but have no idea what :frowning:

Maybe an Hexaria cutscene?

Looks more like a space station than a space engine, but it still looks awesome.

Yeah, it’s not really meant to be anything in particular. I just got inspired by the space engine :slight_smile:

Teach me how to build like that please. :frowning:

I could never build that. Even if I could, it would undoubtedly take me days, maybe weeks. :emo-angst:

[320th post, Platinum Member status is nigh!]

Best idea ever- resize it 1000x smaller and put it as the scope of a sniper rifle

You could make it a Hexaria counter-strike like map where one team is set to destroy the engine and the other to protect it.

How did you make that in less than 2 hours???

Can you make a timelapse video the next time you build something like this?

[quote] How did you make that in less than 2 hours???

Can you make a timelapse video the next time you build something like this? [/quote]

Yeah, maybe. It’s not often I build randomly like this anymore, instead I am working on games I am involved with :slight_smile:

But if I remember I’ll be sure to post it!

Pretty darn awesome!

Reminds me of the live action space battleship yamato wave motion engine.

That sounds like a really cool idea! :open_mouth:

What kinda of engine is this? Fusion? Fision? Anti mater? Hey you! Yeah you Innovation Inc nerds, tell me what this is and how to blow it up!

100% free models confirmed.

Just kidding, looks great. You and sk3l are probs two of my favorite detail-wise builders

The second picture looks like something you can make an arm cannon out of.
Really nice!

Done some speed builds if anyone is interested:

How come the castle (walls) don’t have hexagonal influences? :o

It looks really nice still though