Installing a plugin from the website fails because 'Launch Task InstallPlugin requires valid -assetId'

When you try to install a plugin from the website (any will do but I used this empty one), it will fail because ‘Launch Task InstallPlugin requires valid -assetId’:

To reproduce this, simply go to a plugin on the website and attempt to install it. It will fail with this error.

This started happening in version 0.448.0.411244.

Coincidentally, two deprecated endpoints related to fetching assets were removed recently. Seems like it might be connected.

49 Likes

If it’s any help I found that utilizing studio’s Plugins tab in Toolbox currently still installs fine. Until the website issue is fixed this seems to be a good alternative for those really needing to install a plugin.

It is likely that this deprecated endpoint was used specifically for the functionality used by the website and not the Plugins tab in Studio.

7 Likes

Thanks for reporting this, we are addressing the issue and it will be fixed shortly.

2 Likes

I’ve been having this issue too, which is fine by me as I don’t want Studio to open when I do it from the website. I just want to add it to my inventory so I can install via the Toolbox.

This should now be fixed, please reply if you continue to experience this issue.

2 Likes